QT Sync is a little application for playing Quicktime Movies. You also can correct a possible offset between picture and sound while the movie is playing ("on the fly" syncing).
Version:0.3.3 / 0.4 Beta
Released:Jan 9, 2014
0.3.3 / 0.4 Beta (January 9, 2014)
Visit developer's site
Download QT Sync 0.3.3 [7.8MB] [Mac]
Download QT Sync 0.4 Beta [~7.8MB] [Mac]
Download QT Sync old versions
1/9/2013 QT Sync 0.4.0b2 (Public Beta)
"Slow and steady wins the race..."
This public beta includes the following fixes:
- Supports now movies with up to 21 tracks.
- TC Inserter: The fontsize is shown in points and can be selected freely. / New Transparency Option: "Blend" / Added 59.94d, 59.94nd, 60d, 60nd Support. / Fixed some playback performance issues after inserting a TC track.
- Some User Interface changes.
- Intel only. Tested on 10.6, 10.7, 10.8.
- MPEG2 capabilities only on 10.6.8. (The needed MPEG2 Playback Component will not work on Lion or higher.)
- Some movies saved with QT Sync will not playback properly with the QuickTime X Player. You have to export (=re-encode) them first. (Or use QuickTime Player 7 instead.)
17. Dec 07 - 0.3.3
- When combining MPG movies, QT Sync was complaining about not being able to find out the codecs (but combined the movies anyway). Fixed.
9. Dec 07 - 0.3.2
- Fixes some graphical glitches on Mac OS 10.5 Leopard.
- TC Inserter: Can now add the TC TextTrack outside the visible Picture. (This will change the Movie Dimensions, but has much better Performance. Due to a bug in QuickTime for Intel Macs, TextTracks will eat up a lot of CPU power, when they are displayed inside the visible area of the movie. Especially with movies encoded with Motion JPEG A.)
For more information open the TC Inserter Window and click on the Help Button in the window.
- TC Inserter: New "Detect" Button. If a Movie contains a TimeCode Track (MediaType "tmcd"), QT Sync can now detect the TimeCode FrameRate and TimeCode Position.
- TC Inserter: Under certain circumstances, a TC Text Track would not show up in front of the video. QT Sync now checks for the Layer information and changes it, when neccessary.
- Controller Window no longer grows when the mouse is moved over the Movie Window in "Fill Screen" Mode.
- No more "Unknown Exception while loading the Preferences File." when running a new Version of QT Sync for the first time.
- Full Screen Mode: Controller Window will no longer automatically hide when the mouse in inside the Controller window.
- Will now open .mkv ( Matroska Container - www.matroska.org ) files. Needs Perian 1.0 Codec to work ( www.perian.org ).
3. Jun 07 - 0.3.1
- Static Text Inserter: When text was entered into the appropriate EditField, the text was selected immediately. It appeared to be not possible to enter more than one letter. Fixed.
- Trying to crop a movie with a Text Track will no longer cause a "Fatal Error".
- On IntelMacs the Volume could not be changed with the ArrowUp/ArrowDown Keys. Fixed.
- Full Screen Mode: When running on IntelMacs, the MouseCursor was not invisible, but a black square. Fixed.
- Combine Movies: Can now set IN and OUT points of Source Movies.
- Full Screen Mode: Not moving the mouse will cause the Controller Window and the MouseCursor to disappear. Moving the Mouse will make them re-appear. (Apple-G to manually hide and show the Controller Window still works.)
- New Preferences Option for "Full Screen Mode": Hide Controller Window when Mouse is inactive.
- App did not launch on OS 10.3.0 - 10.3.8. Fixed.
23.3.07 - v0.3
- Fixed: Some of the Menus and Dialogs were in German. Switched back to English now.
14.3.07 - v0.2.9
- Fixed: Updating the Mac OS to 10.4.9 made the Spacebar (Play/Pause Movie) not work properly.
- Added: New Menu Shortcuts.
- Fixed: Help Texts.
- Fixed: Showing the Offset / Duration Display (in Full Screen Mode) for the first time made the movie stutter.
- Fixed: App crashed when trying to access the ContextMenu in the Controller Window.
- TC Inserter: Values are tested immediately for accuracy.
- Crop Window, TC Inserter: EditFields are selected immediately when the window opens.
- Preferences System completely rewritten.
- Crop Window: Remembers last settings. New "Cache" Mode.
- Lots of minor fixes.
- New Behaviour for the Arrows of Numerical EditFields of the "TC Inserter" and the "Crop Movie" Window:
Click in the Numerical EditFields. Use Arrow Up/Arrow Down to change the value +1/-1. Use SHIFT+Arrow Up/Arrow Down to change the value +10/-10.
Click the Arrows at the side of the EditFields to change the value +1/-1.
Hold SHIFT and click the Arrows at the side of the EditFields to change the value +10/-10.
14.11.06 - v0.2.8
- Finally: Universal Binary
- Changed Shortcuts: The CTRL Key will be the default key for "Spaces" of Mac OS X 10.5 . Therefore the Shortcuts for shuttling and "jumping" through the movie have changed:
SHIFT + ALT + Left/Right Arrow: Backward/Forward Shuttle
0: jumps back x seconds
ALT + 0 : Jumps x seconds forwards
SHIFT + 0: jumps 30 seconds back
SHIFT + ALT + 0: jumps 30 seconds forward
Note: Depending on your Keyboard settings, SHIFT + 0 and SHIFT + ALT + 0 will only work with the "0" key of the Numeric Block of your keyboard.
- Fixed: Display will not dim anymore while playing a movie. (Which was very annoying with energy saver settings set to dim after 5 minutes...)
- Fixed the valid file types for the Open Dialogs. It is no longer possible to load non-media files. (In rare cases this was resulting in an application crash.)
- Checks for Updates automatically (can be disabled in the Preferences.)
- New Preferences Option: Opaqueness of the offset/duration displays in Full Screen Mode.
- Change Movie Playback Speed: Changed the Name from "Change Movie Duration". New Options to change the speed: New FPS, new length or new percentage can now be entered directly.
- Quitting while playing in Full Screen Mode sometimes made the app crash. Fixed.
- Static Text Inserter: Characters were not displayed properly. Fixed.
- TC Inserter: Choose between "Insert [the given TimeCode] at current Movie Position" or "Insert [the given TimeCode] at Start of Movie". Also works for all other Modes (Feet+Frames, Framenumbers). Thanks to Mark for this suggestion.
- Cosmetic Changes (Movie Duration, Check for Updates, Controller Window)
- NOTE: QuickTime 7.1 introduced a new system to handle non-square-pixel media: the Aperture Modes. QT Sync ignores these settings. When a movie is saved, Aperture settings will not be set. Previous Aperture settings will be removed from the new movie.
21.5.06 - v0.2.7
- Added: TimeCode Inserter Mode: "30 Drop Frame"
- Added: FrameNumber Inserter.
- Added: New Preferences Option: "Save Dialogs show:" Choose between the last Directory you saved to (default Finder behaviour) or the directory of the currently opened Movie.
- Added Chapter about "Preferences" to the manual.
- Known Issue: Moving the "TimeCode Inserter" Window quickly, while "Show Preview" is turned on, can cause the Preview Window to shrink and move along . Moving the TC Inserter Window out of the screen (while "Show Preview" is turned on), can cause the window to change its height and thereby rendering the "Cancel" and "Insert" buttons unusable. This bug was introduced by Mac OS X 10.4.5.
This also affects the "Crop Movie" window. With Mac OS X 10.3.9 this issue does not occur.
Workaround: Do not move the "TimeCode Inserter" / "Crop Movie" window quickly, while the "Show Preview" Option is turned on.
.4.06 - v0.2.6
- Full Screen Mode: Using the shortcuts for "Half Size" (Apple+0) / "Normal Size" (Apple+1) / "Double Size" (Apple+2) or "Fill Screen" (Apple+3), the size of the full screen picture can be changed now.
- Help Window: Added texts about "Saving" and "Files".
- Cancelling during Export: No more messages with error number -2019.
- Saving a movie with a hidden suffix: Under certain circumstances the suggested new filename was empty.
21.2.06 - v0.2.5
- TimeCode Inserter: 23.976 TC added.
- TimeCode Inserter: The "30 fps" mode was renamed to "30 Non-Drop".
- Changed behaviour of Info Window: Pressing Apple+W while the the Info Window is open, will now close only the Info Window, not the Movie Window.
Also, Pressing Apple+I while the Info Window is open, will close the Info Window. (= Apple+I will toggle the Visibility of the Info Window.)
- Added Warning to the "Movie Duration Change" window.
- Full Screen Mode: Added Helptag for the Console Window. ("Press Apple-G to hide me.")
- About Window: Minor Tweaks.
16.12.05 - v0.2.4
- TC Inserter: 29.97 Drop + Nondrop. (Thanks go to: http://www.andrewduncan.ws/Timecodes/Timecodes.html for the TimeCode Math.)
- TC Inserter: Static Text Inserter (for Version Numbers, Copyright Notices, ...)
- TC Inserter: Transparent Box
- TC Inserter: Font Faces: bold and italic together
- TC Window: Setting of "Show Preview" will be saved now.
- TimeCode Inserter, Preview Window: When the movie position was zero ( = the movie is at the beginning), the Preview Window showed not the first frame, but the second. Fixed.
- While creating a TC track, a progress bar window will pop up now.
- Full Screen Mode: Clicking into the Movie will no longer stop (or start) the movie.
- Lots of internal stuff. I hope I didn't break anything...
This list also includes all relevant changes of the non-released version 0.2.2b12 to 0.2.3b7.
- Cleanup of Temp Folder improved.
- Save as Self-Contained Movie didn't handle file names longer than 31 characters. Fixed.
- Added: To export a movie, choose "Exportů" from the File Menu. You can choose between all options (Export to QuickTime Movie, DV Stream, MPEG4, AIFF, WAVE) in the dialog. Depending on the codecs installed on your computer, you might also be able to choose other formats (XviD, 3ivx, DivX, etc.).
- Improved: "Check for updates". Older versions on the server are recognised properly. (In case a beta tester uses a newer version which is not released to the public.)
- Added: Document Icon. (In case you choose to make QT Sync your default application for movie files.)
- Added: Some Tooltips for Preferences options and windows. (Hover the mouse over the controls.)
- Added: Preference Option for adding a prefix/suffix to a Self-Contained Movie and a Export Movie.
- Added: Option to reset the preferences to default values.
- Changed: Shortcut "0" works smoother. (Movie doesn't stop while jumping back.)
- Improved: Reduced the Playback Stutter while changing the Duration of a track.
- Added: Change Movie Duration. (This is not for frame rate conversions. Just for reducing/increasing the overall playback speed.) Cosmetical changes (length information) for this function will follow.
- Changed: Info Window. All the information is now displayed on one page.
- Improved: Change Movie Duration: Speed Improvements. Now also displays the total number of frames in the movie, the actual and the new length.
- Added: New Shortcuts:
- SHIFT + 0: jumps back 30 seconds.
- CTRL + 0: jumps forward x seconds. (x can be set in the Preferences.)
- CTRL + SHIFT + 0: jumps forward 30 seconds.
- Added: "High Quality Playback" Option in the View Menu. This option forces QT Sync to use the highest quality renderers for video playback. This is especially noticeable when working with .dv movies.
This option can also be set during Full Screen Mode. (Shortcut: Shift-Apple-U)
The setting of this option is not saved with the movie.
- Improved: TimeCode Inserter will now remember some of its settings.
23.5.05 Update: QT Sync 0.2.2b11
- New: Crop your Movie
- Works now with multiple monitors
- Shuttling completely rewritten: Press and hold CTRL + arrow keys to shuttle.
- TimeCode Inserter: Added Feet+Frames Inserter
- Changed: "Export to Self-Contained Movie" is now known as "Save As Self-Contained Movie"
- Lots and lots of fixes and improvements. Check the Version History.
8.4.05 Update: QT Sync 0.2.2b1
Combine Movies has been completely rewritten.
20.9.04 Update: QT Sync 0.2.1b2
Exporting to a self-contained movie sometimes made the app crash. Fixed now. (Thanks Ken!)
19.9.04 Update: QT Sync 0.2.1b1
A new version with several new functions:
- Combine Movies which have been splitted into several parts
- Import sound or QuickTime text tracks
- Info Window shows codec information
- In Full Screen Mode hit "T" to show elapsed movie time or movie time left
- Some cosmetic changes (You will like it :-) )
14.7.04 Update: QT Sync 0.2.0b1
- QT Sync can now also the change the duration of the tracks. This is really useful, when the beginning of the movie is in sync, but the end is not (or vice versa.)
- Lots of bugfixes: e.g. QT Sync can now open movies from locked volumes, will handle filenames longer than 31 characters correctly and display framerates properly.
- There are also a lot of cosmetic changes and other improvements.
23.6.04 Update: QT Sync 0.1.0b6
Version 0.2.0 will be out soon. But here is another Update for 0.1.0: A Movie was not opened properly, when the first track of the movie was not a video track.
7.6.04 Update: QT Sync 0.1.0b5
English manual included.
7.6.04 Update: QT Sync 0.1.0b4
I skipped the b3 :-)
b4 has several improvements, more shortcuts (e.g. shuttling) and a "Change Ratio" function. Now you can permanently change the size and the ratio (width to height) of the movie. (This could be useful for .dv files and movies with rectangular pixels (16-9 DV, some MPEG2-formats, etc.)
31.5.04 Update: QT Sync 0.1.0b2
You've found the first bugs :-) Thanks for the feedback and let the bug reports coming :-)
30.5.04 First Public Beta Release
Faster than expected the project can go online. The web site found a new home at TopWebs.de and now I'm looking forward to your mails.
Notify me when software updated or report software
Email me when it has been updated
Report this tool (dead link/new version)
Very, Very simple. Does what they say. Add a TC burned window without rendering the whole QuickTime file.
Very good and very clear manual bundled.
Apr 23, 2005 Version: 0.2.1b6
OS: MacOSX Ease: 10/10
|1 tool hits, Showing
= New tool since your last visit
= New version since your last visit
= New comment since your last visit
= New version
Type and download
NO MORE UPDATES?
= The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
NO LONGER DEVELOPED
= The software hasn't been updated in over 5 years.
= The software has been updated the last 31 days.
= Free software.
= Free software and also open source code.
= Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation.
= Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions.
= No demo or trial available.
= A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a Beta, RC(Release Candidate) or an Alpha / Nightly / Unstable version of the software.
= A direct link to the software download.
= Windows download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
= Windows 64-bit download version. It works only on 64-bit Windows.
= Mac download version. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Mac OS.
= Mac OS download version. It works only on 64-bit Mac OS.
= Linux download version.
= Portable version. No installation is required.
= The software is bundled with advertising. Be careful when you install the software and disable addons that you don't want!
Visit developers site = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
Portable version available = Download the portable version and you can just extract the files and run the program without installation.
Old versions available = Download old versions of the program.
Version history available = Complete changelog on our site.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com
Rating from 0-10.