The KMPlayer/KMP+ is a versatile media player which can cover various types of container format such as DVD, AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, Ogg Theora, OGM, 3GP, MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, RealMedia, and QuickTime among others. It handles a wide range of subtitles and allows you to capture audio, video, and screenshots in many ways. The player provides both internal and external filters with a fully controlled environment in terms of connections to other splitters, decoders, audio/video transform filters and renderers without grappling with the DirectShow merit system. Internal filters are not registered to user's system to keep it from being messed up with system filters.
KMPlayer is updated with a new feature : VR 360 Video Play!
Here's the 126.96.36.199 version update log :
- Added "VR 360º Video Play" function
- Fixed Language (Sinhalese)
- Changed "Use Alternative Texture in VMR9/Direct3D 8 " as default value
MPlayer 188.8.131.52 Patch Update [2016/05/25]
- Fixed message box logic caused by codec error
- Fixed format connection message box
- Changed default value not to use "Restore (system tray)if video playback is started from a file manager"
- Changed playback control value "10" to "50"
- Fixed unstable "FTP open" connection and other errors
- Fixed logic : TopMost and zOrder
KMPlayer 184.108.40.206 Patch Update [2016/04/21]
+ Fixed “Album default thumbnail” and added visualization feature while playing audio file
- Fixed subtitle (idx/sub) error
- Fixed freezing screen error while closing “video capture”
- Fixed “open folder” error and updated more features
- Fixed FLAC sound file error
- Updated Album visualization size
- Changed to show main platform on Windows Taskbar
- Removed “Default.kpl” file while closing
- Changed default value “Do not read tag data for title while starting playback”
- Changed default value “Display filename instead of custom ‘Title Format’”
+ Main Splitter Upgrade
Previous Internal KMP Splitter upgraded to Internal LAV Splitter
Splitter Preferences Upgraded
Previous Gabest Splitter has been removed
- LAV Video/Audio Decoder has been updated
Version 0.66.0 Applied
+ Intel® RealSense™ Compatible
+ KMP Thema Capability Added
- Language Updated (Brazil: Portuguese)
- Subtitle “Windows Standard Output (GDI)” process upgraded when in DirectDraw usage
-Korea: Flash Advertisements Removed
- Video thumbnail “not in use” set as default
3.9 UPDATE LIST
+ KMP Connect added
+ Added Win-Eyes TTS function (English, Korean) for the visually impaired
+ Added BDA (HDTV)
+ Video screen capture can now have user add their own logos
+ FTPopen allopen feature added
+ Languages Sinhalese, Norwegian added
- Buffer overflow security vulnerability fixed
- Video speedup noise error bug fixed
- Subtitle editor font error bug fixed
- Subtitle font rendering problem fixed
- Audio visualization error fixed
- KMPcfg.ini save, config error fixed
- RubyTag subtitle special character error fixed
- Shortcut key errors fixed
220.127.116.11 KMPlayer update patch
- Removing the Grid-network
- Added right Tab on/off button
- Fixed screen sizing issue, when skin is changed or shade screen is converted
- Fixed IE problems, when network is offline
3.8 UPDATE LIST
- Support playing J2J method modulated files.
- Support Drag & Drop files IN Zip.
- Changed extended links at Window 8 & UAC.
- Fixed screen black OUT error IN EVR C/A.
- Fixed SKIP from embedded AVI Reader in KMP.
- Fixed Bookmark functions.
Album Art UPGRADE
- Added poster searching function.
KMP Version 3.7 Patch Update (Build No.18.104.22.168)
Since we are experiencing some issues from KMP 3.7 version, we would like to provide “PATCH file” to KMP 3.7 version users. Please note that this patch file only works for KMP version3.7.
- Fix FLV, WMV File error.
- Fix PlusTab issue for Full screen (When KMP is in “Full screen” PlusTab can be off)
3.7 UPDATE LIST
- Improved EVR performance for overlay subtitle and applied transparency effect.
- Fixed BOF vulnerabilities. (FLAC file) - Provided by: KISA.
- Fixed buffer insufficiency error for playing mp3.
- Fixed skipping error for MP4 Audio.
- Fixed RUBY subtitle error.
Album Art UPGRADE
- Changed KMP Plus platform from Flash to web.
- Supports Album Art Automatic Movie info TMDB matching service.
- Supports Configuring function for playing FTP server videos with Album Art.
- Supports Syncing function for KMP Play List with Album Art.
- Supports Multi-deleting function for Album Art.
- Supports Image View& List View mode.
- A variety of content within KMP App
- Added Plus Tab
- Added YouTube channels and search service.
- Supports movie information and reviews.
Dear KMP users,
First of all, we would like to thank you for your continuous support.
Unfortunately, we have been affected by modulated virus intermittently through external hackers from last July 26th to August 8th.
This violation is clearly considered to be a serious crime and we have passed this case to the national investigative agency for investigation and referral situation.
For our KMP users who downloaded KMPlayer from July 26TH to August 8TH please be advised that your PC could have been affected by this virus, we strongly suggest you to check your PC immediately with the latest antivirus software. (i.e Ahn Lab V.3, AntiVir, and Microsoft Security)
Now, we have strictly secured KMPlayer, you may feel free to download and install from us.
We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and once again, we thank you for using KMP.
[3.6 Update List]
- Added Instant View.
- Fixed Denial Of Service PoC(PlayList M3U) - Provided by: Jigsaw (Abdelmorite), KISA
- Modified default use of Internal Splitter(AVI) for streaming(http, https, ftp).
- Fixed TS source filter error.
- Supports FTP server(UTF-8).
+ Supports FTP (Live streaming)
+ Supports HTTP, FTP subtitles
+ Display Replay Progress function in TaskBar for Windows 7 & later version
- Modified online subtitle search function
- Fixed playback performance decline issue when too many bookmarks exist
- Fixed display crack issue in libcodec(XviD) CODEC
- Added video property setting function from EVR to H/W
- Fixed Colorlevel in EVR(C/A) http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44134
- Fixed Memory Violation Error issue due to audio decoding
- Improved playback starting speed of initial network file(http, ftp)
- Fixed video & audio sync issue when seeking in AVI file
- Fixed MP4 encoding error issue
- Modified MP4 file sync source parser
- Fixed part of AC3 codec error issue
- Fixed Interger overflow error http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44857
- Modified memory-related logic for MKV source filter
- Fixed switching audio track issue http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58934
3.4 UPDATE LIST
- Added DV file playback support
- Added support for SIPR Audio Codec
- Added EVR overlay subtitle function
- Fixed Playlist window Drag & Drop action bug
- Fixed JPG file saving bug in storyboard function
- Fixed playback error with specific types of AVI files
- Fixed AVI file Audio playback error when seeking
- Fixed infinite loop playback error with damaged AVI files
- Fixed DIVX(XSub) subtitle scaling in VMR9 Renderless & EVR C/A
- Fixed freezing bug when playing specific types of FLV files
- Fixed Web Search function location bug in fullscreen mode
- Fixed AlbumArt update error.
- Fixed bug with seeking to beginning of MKV files
3.3 UPDATE LIST
- Added Web Search Bar.
- Supports Blu-Ray Play.
- Supports DIVX(xsub) Subtitle(AVI files only).
- Added video codec ProRes(APCH, APCN, APCS, ACPO, AP4H).
- Added video codec(IV50, RV40).
- Fixed AVI source filter(Supports playing damaged file).
- Fixed MKV source filter(Improved performance).
- Fixed RM, RMVB file seek error & Supports damaged file play.
- Fixed ASF file error.
- Fixed URL Play for AVI file.
- Fixed display infomation for MP3 bitrate.
- Fixed background resize error of SWF play.
- Fixed overflow of memory error when external audio file is used.
- Fixed access violation when updating.
- Fixed file name display error while starting a playback
Exe File Version : 22.214.171.124
- Waiting indefinitely large TS file for error correction.
- OGG file playback for error correction.
Exe File Version : 126.96.36.199
- Fixed TS file.
- Fixed MP3 file bitrate info.
Exe File Version : 188.8.131.52
- Fixed WinAmp Plugins crashes...
File Version : 184.108.40.206
- Fixed TP file execution bug.
- Fixed winamp general plugin.
- Correction of broken visualization. (http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=100237#post100237)
- Correction of storyboard (fixed no text and timecodes bug). (http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24714)
- Added an option of playing only one side of the 3D video.
- Fixed 3D Left/Right, Up/Down change mode bug.
- Fixed ts file parser.
Changes in KMPlayer 220.127.116.11
** 3.2 UPDATE LIST **
- Supports 3D Formats. (Side-By-Side, Top-and-Bottom) to (Anaglyph, Interlaced)
- Supports 10-bit H.264. (Libcodec.dll)
- Supports Intel Widi.
- Added video codec "DV5P".
- Add new function album art (Thumnail image extraction from FLAC file)
- Thumbnail image display enhancement when playing audio files. (MP3, FLAC, WMA)
- Fixed ColorSpace bug.
- Fixed Intel Codec H.264.
- Fixed Winamp plugin.
- Error correction of images infected with malicious codes. (EIP register Corruption Vulnerability. Provided: KISA)
- Fixed view as a desktop mode in Windows 7.
- Fixed improper load of Album Art bug.
- Correction of screen display error when using EVR(C/A) - if you skip from the WMV file.
- Fixed KMP HTTP Reader.
- AAC codec Parser error correction from MOV file.
- MKV Skip Problum.
Changes in KMPlayer 18.104.22.168 R2
- Fixed MKV Source Filter.
Changes in KMPlayer 22.214.171.124
- Update Open Album Art.
- 3D Video subtitle handling added.
- Supports MKV File's WEBM format.
- EVR's subtitle handling method changed.
- Modified AAC audio codec.
- Modified RTMP address fishing bug (http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20928)
- Modified http streaming bug (http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20798)
- Modified ending bug when replaying the internet stream download
- Modified the immediate application of Video Setting(always on top/when running/base)
Changes in KMPlayer 126.96.36.1992 R2:
Uploading a patched version due to a bug that was ending the playback in an abnormal way.
1. Fixed AAC sound in KMP 1441.
2. Fixed the audio equalizer visualization (in audio skin).
Changes in KMPlayer 188.8.131.521 :
- Fix MP3 file Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
- Support DEC (NX) and ASLR
- Improve Haali's Video renderer compatibility.
- .SPX file Supported.
- Modify Advanced Playback Iinfo
- Removed stuff/separate download.
- MediaInfo.dll (ver 0.7.45.0) updated.
- Bass.dll (ver 184.108.40.206), Bass_alac.dll (ver 220.127.116.11) updated.
- Advanced Menu is default.
Changes in KMPlayer 18.104.22.1680 :
- FLV Skip Problum.
- 24 bit FLAC audio problem
- Fixed screen size problem
- Fixed some video's audio sync problem
- Fixed EVR mode freezing problem(Vista & Windows 7)
- Update BASE ver 22.214.171.124 Audio Codec (support OFR file)
- Fixed EAC3 codec & filter problem
- Fixed TRUEHD codec problem
- Fixed MP3 ID3V2 info problem
- Add new function album art (Thumnail image extraction from WMA file)
- Fixed EVR C/A
- Fixed mp4 file analysis problem
- Improve file facing speed.
- Fixed audio codec always loaded.(LPCM, PCM)
[2010/11/03] The KMPlayer 126.96.36.1999
- Audio errors during content playing are fixed.
- Decision logic for content(AVI) scanning fixed.
- DXVA2 H.264 performance improved.
- DXVA2 MPEG2 bug fixed.
- File playing start speed improved.
- MP2, ATRAC3, H.261 codec bug fixed.
- Resizing of Preference page.
- Synchronizing errors between Video and Audio channels are fixed.
[2010/09/15] The KMPlayer 188.8.131.528
1. Support DXVA2 Mode. DXVA2 hardware acceleration support
2. Libcodec codec update. Updated built-in decoder
3. Support VP8 codec. Support VP8 coding
4. Fix nsv parser. Amendment NSV format separator
- added multithread support.
- modified supporting SMC codec.
- removed the message that have occured when Flash ActiveX isn't installed.
- added Album Art ON button which will be showed when you use internal skin.
[2009-10-16] The KMPlayer 184.108.40.2066 Release
1. Fix no audio on TS file with internal splitter.
2. Fix problems with EVR under VISTA.(video freezing)
3. Fix number subtitle is skipped.
4. Fix MKV with Mpeg inside without audio.
[2009/9/30] BETA1 The KMPlayer 220.127.116.116 Release
1. Select madVR in the right-click menu.
2. Keyboard short keys (Ctrl+O, Ctrl+L ...)
3. Crash with Haali Renderer after opening "Advanced Filter Info"
4. Incremental detect aac.
KMPlayer 1435 official version updated details
- URL redirect support.
- Change playList XP style.
- Open avi file in 0byte fix.
- mx audio file reposition support.
- mx audio file crash fix.
- error with zip file (when title include , it wasn’t play)
- Crash error with unsupported file.
- Error with mkv file (searching five sec. forward and backward)
- Not displayed subtitle in vista EVR.
- Codec update : libcodec.dll.
- Change default install language to English.
- Uninstaller is now English.
- ASK Toolbar installation added.
- Support madVR.
- Support flv (avc, aac codec).
- MediaInfo.dll (ver 0.7.21.0) patch.
- Possible to playback damaged file.
- Support album art(MP3 thumbnail).
The changes in The KMPlayer Build 1435 test version
- URL redirect support.
- Change playList XP style.
- Open avi file in 0byte fix.
- mx audio file reposition support.
- mx audio file crash fix.
- error with zip file (when title include , it wasn’t play)
- Crash error with unsupported file
- Error with mkv file (searching five sec. forward and backward)
- Not displayed subtitle in vista EVR
- Codec update : libcodec.dll
- Change default install language ? to English
- ASK Toolbar installation added.
- Support madVR
- Support flv (avc, aac codec)
- MediaInfo.dll (ver 0.7.16.0) patch
- Possible to playback damaged file
- Support album art(MP3 thumbnail)
- newer AC3
- newer MediaInfo
- other components (newer splitters/filters)
The Changes in The KMPlayer Build 1434
[ The KMPlayer General ]
- New Codecs have been updated
- The two simultaneous [Default] albums created in the Playlist fixed
- Support for 5 buttons mouse (back/forward) => Preferences (F2) -> General -> Keyboard/Mouse -> Click on 1st X-button & Click on 2nd X-button
- Reduce KMPlayer.exe binary size.
- Default Preference value adjusted: Main Menu -> Options -> [Advanced Menu] Off
- Default preference value adjusted: General -> Repeat/Playlist -> [Playlist] tab -> [v] Clear default playlist items on exit. Checked.
- Incremental "Audio Volume" function added. (Preferences (F2) -> Audio Processing -> Volume -> Volume Steps
- New icon added.
[ Open Album Art upgrade ]
- Improved thumbnail extraction speed.
- Unicode Supported.
- Removal of empty folder when removing movie file. (Registry Option)
- If ThumbnailStoreType is set at a value other than 0, then improper play of videos solved
- Audio file indication option added
- Thumbnail error fixed
- Deletion of *.jpg File when deleting file from registry’s thumbnail extraction pass
- Deletion of empty folder when deleting a file
- Removal of list in BlackList.txt when removing movie file.
- Open album target pass via search engine added
- Audio file image included
- Readjust the horizontal size the album tab located at the top
- Christmas & New year Skin
KMPlayer “Open Album Art”
The KMPlayer “Open Album Art” provides a preview of the video thumbnail, which allows users to view videos in an easier and in a more comfortable manner.
The user previously had to look for files in where the videos were saved. However, KMPlayer “Open Album Art” now allows users to simply click on the
preview of video thumbnail, on KMP’s main page for a better appreciation of the videos. The user can now choose the display options between the album art form
and the list of thumbnail form. Moreover, once having watched the video, the user can delete the video by clicking on the [delete] button. Such a service allows
users to manage videos in an easier and in a more comfortable manner.
Last but not least, KMPlayer “Open Album Art” also provides remote control and a wireless keyboard. The new era has come for KMPlayer’s HTPC (Home Theater PC)
users or that of TV-OUT users to watch videos via “Open Album Art” with a more comfortable service in a more amicable environment.
- LastAlbumName ; last actived album filename
- JPG_Quality ; jpg thumbnail quality (standard = 75, max = 100)
- ExtractType ; thumbnail extract type(0=auto, 1=time, 2=frame)
- ExtractTimeSec1 ; thumbnail extract time 1(second) (must ExtractType 0 or 1)
- ExtractTimeSec2 ; thumbnail extract time 2(second) (must ExtractType 0)
- ExtractTimeBaseSizeMegaByte ; thumbnail extract base size(MegaByte) (default 120)
- ExtractFrame ; thumbnail extract frame (must ExtractType = 2)
- ViewType ; Album Art display view type(0=title, 1=albumart, 2=thumbnails)
- ThumbnailStoreType ; thumbnail store type(0=each movie path, 1=DocumentsThe KMPlayerAlbumArtThumbnails, 2=user define)
- ThumbnailStorePath ; thumbnail store path(must ThumbnailStoreType = 2)
- UsingPlaylistOff ; enqueue off series files to KMPlayer PlayList(0=on, 1=off)
- UseRecycledBinfOff ; don't use RecycleBin when file delete(0=recycle bin, 1=direct delete)
- RemoveEmptyFolder ; Remove empty folder when remove movie file(0=don't remove, 1=remove).
- AntiBlackThumbnail ; reduce black frame thumbnail(0=don't use, 1=use)
- OpenAlbumArt v1.0 support.
- Internal VP6 (Flash) Codec 'low merit' problem fixed.
- Some DTS audio playback problem fixed(libdts.dll).
- Can't search 'WMVideo Decoder DMO' problem fixed(Windows Vista).
- Set [External Audio Decoder] to default MP3 codec 'MP3 Decoder DMO' instead of 'MPEG Layer3 Decoder' (Windows Vista).
- Audio Stream Selection Menu bug among more than two voices fixed.
- MediaInfo Library updated(0.7.7.6)
- When AlbumArt Close Button Click, AlbumArt disabled permantly.
- DVD Default Render changed to VMR9 Renderless(Windows Vista)
- The KMPlayer Setup Wizard some adjusted.
- Delphi 2007 Build.
- Codec updated.
- MediaInfo Library updated(0.7.7.4)
- AC3Filter Updated. Ver 1.51(a)
- Improved support for Windows Vista.
- KMPlayer Main-Window & PlayList-Window sizing area extended 5 to 7 pixels.
- About window cleaning.
- KMPlayer default preference values adjusted.
- Fixed [Skins->Logo] feature bug in Windows Vista
- Adobe Flash Player Interface updated(Abode Flash Player 9.0 r124)
- Little speed up when Seamless Playback Opens.
- KMPlayer Album Art Supported(beta).
- Built-In Skin changed.
- Internal MOV/MP4 Spiltter can't open over 2GB MP4 and seek problem over 2GB problem fixed.
- URL Open Window(Ctrl+U) bug fixed.
- Screen Offset -> [Pan & Scan] tab bug fixed.
- Small changed(Media Info Window, System Filter Manager(Windows vista bug), ...)
- Data Path change to 'MyDocumentsThe KMPlayer'. (both WindowsXP and Windows Vista)
- ShortCut Assign Ctrl+Alt+S for 'Capture/Make StoryBoard'.
- ShortCut Assign Ctrl+Alt+L for 'Skins/Logo/Manage Logo'/ Enable & Disable Open Album Art
- ShortCut Assign Shift+D for 'Favorites/'Favorites Setup'
- When PlayList resize, PlayList Top Album control panel refresh bug fixed(Windows Vista).
- Same file open algorithm adjust.(filter same file extention)
- After [Storyboard creator] window close, movie skips forward some second problem fixed.
Updated on Build Version 1431
1. Fixed “No response” error when using the seek feature.
2. Reduced “No response” errors.
3. Improved file open feature when opening similar files.
4. Fixed “Media library error (UAC)” when closing KMP on Windows Vista.
5. Updated Mediainfo.dll (Version 0.7.6.4 ).
6. Included New KMPlayer skin (NewKMPSkin(beta).ksf).
7. Setup wizard and installation program added.
8. Updated multi-language pack.
9. EXE file is not compressed.
10. Updated EULA policy.
11. Updated default KMPlayer icon and connected programs.
12. Fixed remaining icons on the start menu after uninstallation on Windows Vista.
13. Now uninstallation fully deletes all remained files.
14. When installed in English, the shortcut will lead to the English forum of the official KMP site.
2008/03/03] BETA 18.104.22.1680 Delphi7 release
1. Improvement of file opening speed
2. Fixed bug of KMP icon disappearing after relaunch of Explorer.exe
3. ULR list tap delete feature in the URL open menu
4. Automatic Online Codec search feature
[2007/12/16] Beta Released, 22.214.171.1248
The new betas will contain only bugfixes until the next final/stable. No new features will be added.
Added an option to remove the bracket display of title.
Added an extra option to remember the played position for audio files.
Added an extra function to start playback in 1.5x, 2.0x, and maximized window.
Added a function to auto load an external audio.
Added a function to load next subtitle file. (Shift+L)
Added a mouse wheel function to go back and forward 1 frame at a time.
Added an additional mouse wheel control. (Ctrl+Alt, Shift+Alt, Ctrl+Shift Wheel)
Added a function to disable auto-restore with video playback starting in system tray.
Changed the method of saving a default playlist (album) resulting in the speedup of loading huge playlists.
Added a menu to start frame extraction instantly.
Added an extra option to disable the display of playback time in scroll lock function.
Added an option to turn off the bottom left message showed a file name up while opening a new file.
Added a function to adjust video window from outside.
Added Conditional Pan & Scan to auto adjust the vertical position and frame size while starting playback.
Added an additional condition (extension, fps, resolution) to disable KMP video transform filter.
Added a conditional resampling to internal audio decoder.
Renewed the function of "play the next file in folder".
Integrated the settings of similar/all files in folder.
Added a function to make a storyboard.
Added a function to go to previous/next chapter/bookmark (Alt+PgUp/PgDn)
Improved KMP stream switcher
Added MPEG4/VC1 support in KMP MPEG2 PS/TS spltter.
Added Chapter/Track Language support in KMP MPEG4 splitter.
Added many capture formats (ASF, MP4, MOV, PSP, 3GP, MPEG 1, MPEG 2, MPEG TS, FLV)
Added a function to parse LRC lyric file as a subtitle
Fixed a problem of not closing with some URLs.
Fixed a bug of occurring an error while closing some files.
Added a function to display subtitle rightly under video image.
Icons for media files are changed (Thanks, arsene).
Fixed a bug of causing a high cpu usage while holding on a key.
Fixed a bug in the combination of resize and screen expansion.
Improved KMP RealMedia Splitter to support more real formats.
Added "Load External Audio" menu (playback will be restarted).
Enhanced multiple subtitles support.
Added a skin command to display a file icon on skin .
Added skin commands for Hue and Gamma.
Added the function of video output queue.
Subtitles will be displayed more clearly.
Fixed the error of Didée's level filter.
Improved the VC-1 support in KMP MPEG PS/TS Splitter. (still experimental)
Changed the buffer structure of KMP Splitters to improve the connection from KMP HTTP Reader.
Added the function of Playback Queue in playlist editor.
Added an option to start a video window on the center of screen.
Added the feature of Track Announcement in filters menu which reads a title or filename using TTS.
Added an option to display DVD subtitles by default.
Added an option to remember the shuffle mode of each playlist. (Must enable in the menu of playlist editor > manage album)
Added a checkbox of VC-1 in preferences > internal video decoder.
Added a feature to play .ra files (unable to seek).
Added a timer to shutdown Windows.
Added VC-1 selector in the external video decoder section of preferences.
Added OGM chapter support in KMP Ogg/OGM splitter.
Added MKV, OGM formats to videoclip capture (alt+c).
Slightly Changed the window of preferences.
Improved the playback of mobile formats (skm, k3g).
Improved the playback of VC-1 with internal video decoder.
Fixed a bug of restoring a video window when switching a skin in full screen.
Fixed the problem of not correctly parsing DTS audio in KMP MPEG TS splitter.
Added RGB gamma correction.
Fixed the problem of losing an audio information when switching audio streams.
Changed the priority of splitters and decoders. Do not forget to update english.ini manually.
Added EVR C/A (Enhanced Video Renderer Custom Allocator).
The font style/alignment of 2nd and 3rd subtitles can be configured separately.
Added an option to auto adjust subtitle font size to video frame.
Imporved the operations of KMP MOV/MPEG TS & PS parser etc.
* Added RGB gamma correction.
* Fixed the problem of losing an audio information when switching audio streams.
* Changed the priority of splitters and decoders. Do not forget to update english.ini manually.
* Added a timer to shutdown Windows.
* Added VC-1 selector to the external video decoder section in preferences.
* Added OGM chapter support in KMP Ogg/OGM splitter.
* Added MKV, OGM formats to videoclip capture (alt+c).
* Slightly Changed the window of preferences.
* Improved the playback of mobile formats (skm, k3g).
* Improved the playback of VC-1 with internal video decoder.
* Fixed a bug of restoring a video window when switching a skin in full screen.
* Fixed the problem of not correctly parsing DTS audio in KMP MPEG TS splitter.
* Subtitles will be displayed more clearly.
* Fixed the error of Didée's level filter.
* Improved the VC-1 support in KMP MPEG PS/TS Splitter. (still experimental)
* Changed the buffer structure of KMP Splitters to improve the connection from KMP HTTP Reader.
* Added the function of Playback Queue in playlist editor.
* Added an option to start a video window on the center of screen.
* Added the feature of Track Announcement in filters menu which reads a title or filename using TTS.
* Added an option to display DVD subtitles by default.
* Added an option to remember the shuffle mode of each playlist. (Must enable in the menu of playlist editor > manage album)
* Added a checkbox of VC-1 in preferences > internal video decoder.
* Several bugfixes.
* Patch of displaying VC-1 ForuCC on default skin.
* Small updates of the structure of a language file.
* Added a skin command to display a file icon on skin
* Added skin commands for Hue and Gamma
* Several bugfixes.
[2007/04/08] Beta Released, 126.96.36.1990
* Patch of displaying VC-1 ForuCC on default skin.
* Small updates of the structure of a language file.
* Several bugfixes.
[2007/04/01] Beta Released, 188.8.131.523
* Improved KMP RealMedia Splitter to support more real formats
* Added "Load External Audio" menu (playback will be restarted)
* Enhanced multiple subtitles support
* Several bugfixes
[2007/03/26] Beta Released, 184.108.40.2064
* Icons for media files are changed (Thanks, arsene)
* Fixed a bug of causing a high cpu usage while holding on keys
* Fixed a bug with the combinations, resize and screen expansion
[2007/03/12] Beta Released, 220.127.116.117
* Added an option to remove the bracket display of title.
* Added an extra option to remember the played position for audio files.
* Added an extra function to start playback in 1.5x, 2.0x, and maximized window.
* Added a function to auto load an external audio in preferences > filter control.
* Added a function to load next subtitle file.
* Added a mouse wheel function to go back and forward 1 frame at a time.
* Added an additional mouse wheel control. (Ctrl+Alt, Shift+Alt, Ctrl+Shift Wheel)
* Added a function to disable auto-restore with video playback starting in system tray.
* Changed the method of saving a default playlist (album) resulting in the speedup of loading huge playlists.
* Added a menu to start frame extraction instantly.
* Added an extra option to disable the display of playback time in scroll lock function.
* Added an option to turn off the bottom left message showed a file name up while opening a new file.
* Added a function to adjust video window from outside.
* Added a function of Conditional pan & scan.
* Added an additional condition (extension, fps, resolution) to disable kmp video transform filter.
* Added a conditional resampling to internal audio decoder.
* Renewed the function of "play the next file in folder".
* Integrated the settings of similar/all files in folder.
* Added a function to make a snapshot
* Added a function to go to previous/next chapter/bookmark
* Improved stream switching with KMP splitter
* MPEG4/VC1 in transport stream support in KMP MPEG2 PS/TS spltter.
* Chapter/Track Language support in KMP MPEG4 splitter
* Added many capture formats (ASF, MP4, MOV, PSP, 3GP, MPEG 1, MPEG 2, MPEG TS, FLV)
* Added a function to parse LRC lyric file as a subtitle
* Fixed a problem of not closing with some URLs.
* Fixed a bug of occurring an error while closing some files.
* Added a function to display subtitle under video image
Quick fix release, 18.104.22.1684
There was another quick bugfix for being unable to load subtitles in some situations. The loading delay with async source filter is fixed. The problem is almost gone that the attributes of ass/ssa are disappearing when searching. The wrong display of streams' order are fixed in the menu of stream switcher when playing wmv files contained multiple audio streams with KMP internal ASF Splitter enabled.
Quick fix release, 22.214.171.1243
There was a quick bugfix for dvr-ms, internal real splitter, and being slow with internal mepg splitter when playing a video file while downloading.
Bugfix list of Maintenance Release (126.96.36.1992)
* Fixed a serious bug of leaking memory with internal mkv parser.
* Fixed a jerking problem of video when displaying overlay subtitles.
* Fixed a quality issue of Chiptune (mod,xm) playback.
* Fixed a problem of not showing embedded subtitles of ogm, mkv in seamless playback.
* Fixed a problem of not showing subtitles on local network when playing a movie.
* Fixed a bug in mov container, qt-ima4 audio lower than 44khz was not decoded correctly.
* Adjusted the behavior of "Alt+Y" dialog box (Subtitle resync), to press "enter" will work as "apply" by default.
* Fixed a bug of not updating key lists correctly on popup menu when switching key presets.
* Fixed a bug in DVD drive/folder setup, it will be remembered correctly.
* Fixed a bug of not correctly showing dvd title/chapter # on popup menu.
* Fixed a bug of not displaying messages when pressing numpad del key (cycle video frame) in window mode.
* Fixed a bug of not restoring a position of the title on skin when changing its window size.
* Fixed a bug of not connecting internal aac parser with cyberlink audio decoder correctly.
* Fixed a bug of launching an activemovie window when using ATI Mpeg video decoder for AVIO in overlay mixer.
* Fixed a bug in exporting configurations to .reg file, some items was not correctly exported.
* Fixed a bug of not displaying the title format of vqf.
* Fixed a bug of not remembering correctly the selected album after restarting KMP when using hotkey (shift + #) for calling an album.
* Fixed a bug of not parsing frame based .txt subtitles correctly.
* Fixed a bug of not removing correctly configuration preset.
* Fixed a bug of an a/v desync problem in some mov files.
* Fixed a bug of not listing the file name of subtitles orderly on popup menu. (eg. a.srt, a.eng.srt, a.jpn.srt)
* Fixed a bug in slideshow, aspect ratio will be kept as it is when switching to fullscreen by pressing "enter" in window mode.
* If divx player is installed properly, the subtitles of .divx will be displayed (using divx filters).
* Many bugfixes etc.
What's new in 188.8.131.520 (2007-01-05):
Extended DVD Supports
* Revised DVD settings wholly with detailed configurations to a main tree in preferences.
* DVD settings are extended to set decoders up separately for convenience' sake.
* Added a function to select DVD navigators.
* Added a function to enable Closed Caption in DVD configuration. You should enable it to see the closed caption.
* Added an option to select an audio and video renderer independently when playing DVD.
* Fixed a serious bug of crashing the player when calling a dvd menu and polished the overall operation.
Revamped WDM device supports
* Added a function to open an analog and HDTV device directly in right clicking on KMP > Open menu
* Adjusted num keypad to be able to be used in wdm mode. For example, you can change a TV channel using numpad.
* Added a function to go to recent channel in WDM control.
* Added a function to use waveout device when connecting to wdm audio device(TV cards).
* It is possible now to connect directly to the audio device of some TV cards which is independent of directshow.
* Added a function of category alternation of video device in the dialog box of WDM configuration. This modification is specifically done for the DTV support of SKY HDTV card.
* Improved VBI(Closed Caption) support of WDM(TV).
* Improved the function of BDA tuning. It is possible to select among DVB(-T, -S, -C) and MS tuning.
* Fixed a problem of not hearing a sound from analog video of SKY HDTV.
* Fixed a problem of not displaying a screen when switching DTV <-> ATV in some TV cards.
* Improved compatibility with Windows Vista and revamped preferences window wholly.
* Added a function to display additional OSD messages(playback info, time display at top right) on Overlay and VMR Surface.
* Retouched the way of turning computer system off when playback is finished, it will wait 10 seconds before shutdown. The shortcut for finished action is 'Ctrl + Alt + Z'. It is also accessible in File Browser window for HTPC(Ctrl + J).
* Added a function to resize the dialog box of KMP collectively(for those who have a low vision).
* Added a function to change the font color of the dialog box of KMP(for those who have a low vision).
* Added a function to control Hue and Gamma in main menu(mainly for remapping it to hotkey).
* Added Pin Information Tab in the dialog box of Advanced Filter Information(Ctrl + `).
* Added shortcuts to control the main window(Ctrl + Alt + 2/4/6/8).
* Added a function to load all files into playlist in folder in preferences > General.
* Added a function to specify a folder to open in preferences > General > When Starting tab.
* Added a function of pulling and pushing subtitles to mouse wheel definitons in preferences > General > Keyboard/Mouse.
* Added a function to capture as png(quick frame capture) in preferences > Association/Capture.
* Playback will be paused when entering into hibernation mode.
* Added a function to mix shaders.
* Added a function to delete a playing file on the fly(Shift + Del).
* Added an option to play the next file on deletion of the playing file.
* Changed unrar library to the one which supports unicode.
* The status of full screen when exiting will be remembered individually by the option: "Remember fullscreen status when exiting" in preferences > general > when starting...
* Initializing file associations by pressing the button 'Defaults' in preferences > Association > Association tab will apply the icons of the file extensions defined by user in Extensions tab there to system. The file lists to associate can be managed easily by customizing the extensions to connect and pressing "R" button in Extensions tab.
* Revised the method of association to define extensions used to filter files in file open dialog box in preferences.
* Added an option to specify the monitor to go when entering into full screen in preferences > General > Screen > Advanced tab.
* Added a function to remove KMP from taskbar and show in system tray.
* Added global hotkeys which are keyboard shortcuts that you can use it from any running application.
* Improved shortcut supports, the shortcut of files or folders will be loaded correctly.
* Improved the function of snapping to the edge or window of screen.
* Improved the function of always on top, there was a bug in specific condition.
* Improved the way of switching between fullscreen modes.
* Improved popup menu speed when right clicking on KMP.
* Extracted the scripts of pixel shader filters to text files in /The KMPlayer/Shader/.
* Fixed a bug in calling media info, it'll not read again in case of the same cue file.
Improvements of Playlist Editor
* Added a function to search in playlist editor.
* Added a function to randomize playlist in playlist editor.
* Added a function to scan a playlist folder(/The KMPlayer/PlayList) when playlists are copied to the folder. When launching the player, it will scan the folder automatically and add or remove the playlist files to Album lists. Also, it is possible to add playlists to album lists manually by right clicking on playlist editor > Add to album > Scan playlist folder of KMP.
* Added a function to delete without confirmation in playlist(Ctrl + Shift + Del).
* Added a function to delete a physical file in context menu > Playlist(Ctrl + Shift + Del).
Advanced Playback Functions
* General Things
o Added a function to create a filter graph internally.
o NSV streaming and native support for its container.
o Native AMR audio file(.AMR) support.
o Added AMR-WB audio support in video container.
o Added a function to support multiple channels of WMA in preferences > Source Filter > Windows Media tab. You should enable the option there to get supported for 5.1ch output of windows media audio.
o Supported CD-Text of Audio CD natively.
o Updated Internal Ogg Vorbis codec(ogg, vorbis, vorbisenc.dll --> OggVorbis.dll).
o Fixed a bug of not working Desktop Playback Mode(shift + enter, 9) in the environment of multiple monitors.
o Improved to support an unicode input plugin of winamp(in_!mpg.dll, 2006/9/30).
o Improved the audio support of quicktime files(.MOV).
o Fixed a bug of not parsing some wav files correctly. Normal wav and dtswav file having a same file extension will be played correctly.
o Fixed a bug, "can not make graph builder".
o Fixed a bug of not displaying a playing screen with some video files when changing to next file in seamless playback.
o Internal MPEG2 PS splitter: MPEG4, H.264, AAC supports.
o Internal MPEG2 TS splitter: DTS, AAC, H.264 supports.
o Media contained multiple video streams are now supported to select in internal splitter.
o Fixed a bug of skipping frames when playing .MOV with internal mp4 splitter.
o Added Enhanced Video Renderer(Vista only)
o Added a function to configure output speakers and sample formats with audio processing filter in preferences > Audio Processing > Resample/Output. It's for outputting audio streams to 24/96 device.
o Added a function to configure output sample formats with internal audio decoder in preferences > Internal Audio Decoder > Output tab.
o Added a function to connect to the second sound device at the same time(if you have two sound cards).
o Last scene will be retained in renderless mode when playing next file resulting in deception of seamless playback.
o Fixed a problem of being unstable when using Virtual Headphone Mode 1(2ch) in preferences Internal Audio Decoders > Speakers settings.
o Fixed a bug in VMR9 Renderless, an error occurred when playing videos for a long time.
* Audio and Video Processing
o Added a function to disable KMP video transform filters automatically corresponding to video FourCCs in preferences > video processing.
o Improved the playback engine for speed control to have a decent quality when increasing playback speed with a regular tone and the function of Jog Shuttle is merged into Speed Control(Shift+ Num */-/+) in Playback menu.
o Added a function to select a default audio stream by language code or stream number in preferences > Multi-Audio Streams.
o When using tempo filter with some videos, the player was unstable, it's fixed.
* Configuration managements
o Added a condition to auto switch configurations corresponding to the framerate of videos in preferences > Configuration Management.
o Adjusted Configuration Management in preferences so that the extension will be checked on character match if it contains dot character. ex) .vob
Enhanced Subtitle Processing
* The text data of Closed Caption in .VOB can be displayed by enabling the option, "Read a closed caption closed caption data as a text subtitles" in preferences > subtitles processing > Multiple Languages > Advanced.
* Added a function to convert text of subtitles and messages to speech(TTS).
* Added a function to force a line break if the displaying subtitle is only one line.
* Added a function to convert the framerate of subtitles.
* Added a function to define the value of pushing and pulling a subtitle sync in preferences.
* Added an open dialog box of subtitles for TV-OUT.
* Improved the support of color attributes of .SSA subtitles.
* Fixed a serious problem of being unstable when displaying subtitles in some system.
* Fixed a problem of not reading some srt subtitles properly.
Renewed Skin Engine
* Renewed a skin engine completely. Consequently, overall running speed of KMP is slightly improved. To use an alpha blending effects on skin, PNG file format is supported now. A default skin is changed to new one using a new skin engine. Thank you, opus!
* Added a function to define a custom menu in skin.
* Improved the speed of drawing a round type skin.
* Improved the way of changing a skin, it'll be switched more naturally.
* Added a function to display text including audio tags in preferences > visualizations > slideshow tab when playing music. To turn off the display, toggle the option after right clicking on KMP > Visualization > Display Audio Tags when playing music.
* The logo file defined in skin will be displayed if visualization does not turn on forcibly when playing music.
* Improved the function of visualization, especially albumart in viewpoint of slideshow.
Improved Capture Functions
* Added an internal AAC encoder in audio capture(alt+a).
* Added system compressors in audio capture.
* Added an internal vorbis encoder for audio compression in AVI capture(alt+c).
* Changed bitrate to 'quality' of video compression ratio in AVI capture dialog box.
* Revamped preferences window
* Default skin renewal by tmp
* Added a function to scan a playlist folder under kmp folder. If you copy playlist files manually to /The KMPlayer/PlayList/, you can simply add albums using this function in Right Click on Playlist window > add to album > Scan playlist folder of KMP.
* Added an option to specify the monitor to go when entering into fullscreen.
* Added a function to remove kmp from taskbar and show in system tray.
* Added global hotkeys which are keyboard shortcuts that you can use it from any running application.
* Extracted the script of pixel shader to a text file in /The KMPlayer/Shader/.
* Added a function to mix shaders
* Adjusted Configuration Management in preferences so that the extention will be checked on character match if it contains dot character. ex) .vob
* Added a category alternation of video device in the dialog box of WDM configuration. This modification is specifically done for the DTV support of SKY HDTV card.
* Fixed a problem of not hearing a sound from analog video of SKY HDTV
* Native AMR audio file(.amr) support
* Fixed a bug in media info, it'll not read again in case of the same cue file.
* The background screen will be displayed if visualization is off when playing music.
* Added VP5 and VP62 decoders in libavcodec
* Improved the speed of drawing a round type skin.
* Added Czech language(Thanks to merlin01)
* Added a function to open an alnalog and hdtv device directly in right click on kmp > Open menu
* Improved VBI(Closed Caption) support of WDM(TV)
* Added a thing about dvd configuration to a main tree in preferences
* DVD settings are extended to set decoders up separately for convenience' sake
* Added a numpad control of keys on watching TV to change a channel with a direct input in WDM mode
* Added a function to go to recent channel in WDM control
* Playback will be paused when entering into hibernation mode
* Added a function to force linebreak if the displaying subtitle is only one line
* It's now possible to connect to the second sound device at the same time(if you have two sound cards)
* Supports CD-Text of Audio CD natively
* Fixed a serious problem of being unstable when displaying subtitles in some system
* Added a function to capture as png(quick frame capture)
* Added a function to delete without confirmation in playlist(Ctrl+Shift+Del)
* Added a function to delete a physical file in context menu > Playlist(Ctrl+Shift+Del)
* Added an option to play the next file on deletion of the playing file
* Added a function to delete a playing file on the fly
* Added a function to load all files into playlist in folder
* Added a function to specify a folder to open
* Added a function to support multiple channels of WMA
* Added a function to enable Closed Caption in DVD configuration
What's new in 184.108.40.2060(07-31-2006):
1. Playback Reinforcement
* Added the function of hardware color controls in VMR (If you want to use it, enable "vmr mixing mode" in preferences|video processing. It will be useful under the environment of super/highspeed mode in VMR)
* Added the function of "Frame step back". It depends on media
* Added an option to disable KMP video transform filter directly in HDTV setup window
* Added an option to switch preset automatically on FourCC match
* Added an auto-resuming function to load a last file automatically only when it was an audio file(Preferences: General | When Starting | OpenFile Status)
* When shuffle is selected, previous button will get back to the previous song.
* Added a function to display video frame instantly when seeking with mouse
* Added DVD setup in preferences: DVD path, How to resume, Prefered Language
* EVRC audio codec support(mostly used in mobile phone)
* Experimental WMV9 support in libavcodec
* Vorbis audio support in MP4
* Added a Null video/audio renderer
* Added an internal ASF Splitter using WMF
* Enhanced a verifying process of damaged avi files
* Improved the function of Intro/Ending skip to work with seamless playback
* Improved the connection method of video renderer
* Fiexed a jerking problem when playing back H.264 encodings with internal video decoder
* Fixed an incompatibility with CoreAVC decoder, there was a connection problem between internal mp4/mov splitter and CoreAVC
* Fixed a problem of flipping screen in RGB connection with CoreAVC
* Fixed a problem of not displaying screen with the latest version of CoreAVC. By the way, it's a bug of CoreAVC, not KMP
* Fixed a bug of occurring an error in internal asf splitter when playing asf with dual audio
* Fixed a freezing problem of KMP when opening file on http://, it occurs when it takes a long time to connect to a sever
* Fixed a bug of calculating wrongly the total time of some mp4
* Fixed a bug in seamless playback, it was impossible to seek with different file-formats.
* Fixed a bug in internal avi splitter, some avi files were not parsed normally
2. Supported Languages - Korean, English, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, French, Spanish, Polish, Dutch, Japanese etc. Talk about a thing about tranlation here.
* Added Polish and Dutch language(thanks to Kamil and AlexKnip)
3. Subtitles Enhancements
* Added the function of displaying subtitles up to three at the same time
* Internal subtitle parser is imporved to display multiple idx/sub subtitles
* Multiple subtitles embeded in mkv etc can be displayed at the same time
* Enahnced the way of changing the order of multiple subtitles by drag & drop in Subtitle Explorer
* Added the function of showing multiple subtitles in Subtitle Explorer
* Added the function of editing subtitles in Subtitle Explorer(experimental)
* Added the function of displaying a lyric embeded in MP3/WMA to Subtitle Explorer
* Added a function to process automatically end timestamp of subtitles
* It is possible now to display the time-overlapping subtitles
* Added SSF subtitle support(basic attributes only)
* Added Vobsub subtitle support embedded in MP4
* Fixed a bug of not properly parsing some ASS subtitles
* Fixed the order of displaying subtitles for the right to left displaying languages such as Arabic and Hebrew in middle east
* Added an external subtitle module for supporting full attributes of ass, ssa etc
* Added an option to render in realtime with external subtitle module
* Added an option to force some font settings of user when using external subtitle module
* Added an option to give a subtitle margin by unit of pixel
* Added an additional options to configure the 2nd and 3rd subtitles independently
* Fixed a bug in linespacing, it will be not summed up with bottom margin any more
* Fixed a problem of not showing subtitles with Haali's video renderer in Superspeed mode
* Improved a subtitle parser to process in thread and fixed some bugs
4. Playlist Improvements
* Added several sort methods in playlist
* Title formatting of playlist is customizable now(see the preferences|general|playlist)
* Improved a sort method when loading the files like "1, 2, 3, ...., 10, 11" to playlist
* Added and rearranged some popup menus in playlist
5. And so on...
* Improved a function to switch between elapsed and remaining time by clicking on time displaying panel
* Combined country codes with TV systems in WDM device manager
* Improved a cycle function, it's possible now to set a hotkey to a menu created dynamically(ex: gray *)
* Added video frame size control
* It is possible now to capture a video frame in superspeed mode if internal video deocder is used.
* Added a menu of "Quick Audio/AVI capture"
* Added video/audio renderers to a popup menu for direct selection
* Added an option to delete bookmark automatically when selected again
* Improved "on top" function, it's now possible to use "always on top" in audio mode and "while playing on top" in video mode
* Now, it's possible to move the position of message at top left
* Improved OSD function at top right of the screen, you can customize the fime format.
* Added the Skin Commands of trackbar type(TrackBarMaster, TrackBarWave, TrackBarCDIn, TrackBarAUX, TrackBarLineIn,TrackBarMic, TrackBarAnalog). it could not work depending on system
* Improved the function of multimedia keys
* 5 button mouse support
* Added a menu to select quicktime.ax filter in MP4/MOV splitter(filter is not included)
* Improved internal zip archive library
* File Icons are changed
* Much More(can't remember )...
The KMPlayer 220.127.116.115 What's new(03-26-2006):
* Mostly improved Seamless Playback in various conditions (Supported formats: AVI, MPG, MKV, ASF, RealMedia, OGM, MP4)
* Fixed a problem with gabest's filtersVorbis
* Fixed a bug in some Vorbis encoded movie, it made no sound
* Added Internal AVI Reader for seamless playback
* Added Internal FLV Reader/Splitter
* Optimized internal RTL function
The KMPlayer 18.104.22.1683 Full Install version
* Added features
o [03/01] Added some options to adjust font size etc in OSD Playback Information
o [03/01] Added "Cycle AR/Adjust Window Size" functions for user to select it in Mouse Wheel Functions
o [03/08] Added an item to control Haali's video renderer in preferences
o [03/08] Added a web browser control to skin
o [03/12] HTML file can be used as logo
o [03/12] Added Gabest's FLV Source/Splitter
* Improved & Updated functions
o [03/01] Updated internal memory manager
o [03/01] Updated Gabest's Filters
o [03/08] Improved VMR9's pixel shader resizer
* Fixed bugs
o [03/01] Fixed a bug in Win98/ME, which reports error when displaying messages
o [03/01] Fixed an error with internal splitter when closing after playback
o [03/01] Fixed a bug of not starting playback with a Specified Size
o [03/08] Fixed a bug in Configuration Management, it was not restored with specified video size
o [03/08] Fixed an abnormal behavior in screen expansion(ctrl+q)
o [03/08] Fixed a bug in brief update, it was not worked normally
o [03/08] Fixed an error occurring when opening other WDM device than TV card
o [03/08] Fixed a bug of not saving preferences into .ini file
o [03/08] Fixed a bug of keyframe search with internal MKV splitter
o [03/12] Fixed a bug in Seamless Playback with CD-ROM
* Incomplete/Damaged AVI file (Skip Damaged Frames)
* Locked Media Files while downloading or sharing (with realtime index rebuilding under certain condition: AVI downloading in consecutive order)
* Incoming Stream delivered via HTTP (ASF/OGG/MP3/AAC/MPEG PS/MPEG TS: Only works with KMP splitters)
* Directshow playback (avi, mkv, mov, mp4, 3gp, ogg theora, ogm, rmvb, mpeg1/2, vob, wmv, dvr-ms, http:// etc including almost every audio formats)
o Async File Source (network) filter for memory caching
o Compressed Audio Album Support (zip, rar)
o Shoutcast (Including NSV), Icecast
o DTS Wave, AC3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, Monkey's Audio, Musepack, FLAC/Ogg FLAC, Modules (MOD, S3M, MTM, UMX, XM and IT), AMR, ALAC, WavPack, TTA etc
o Native (ansi/unicode) Cue Sheet Support
o Google Video (GVI), Flash Video (FLV), Nullsoft Streaming Video (NSV), PMP
* Real Engine + Directshow (needs Real Player or Alternative or its decoders)
o Supports the playback and seeking of multirate real media files (surestream clips) with KMP RealMedia splitter
o Almost all Real Media files are supported (directshow).
* QuickTime Engine + Directshow (needs QuickTime player or Alternative or its decoders)
o The verified MOV samples with KMP mp4/mov splitter (directshow)
+ MOV[H264/AVC1+AAC], MOV[H264+AC3]
+ MOV[SVQ1+A-law], MOV[SVQ1+IMA4], MOV[SVQ1+PCM]
+ MOV[SVQ3+QDM2], MOV[SVQ3+MP3], MOV[SVQ3+IMA4], MOV[SVQ3+QCLP]
+ MOV[MP4V+AAC], MOV[MP4V+MP3], MOV[MP4V+ALAC], MOV[MP4V+PCM]
+ MOV[RLE+AAC], MOV[MSVC+MP3], MOV[MPNG+QDM2], MOV[MPG1+MP2]
+ MOV[CVID+TWOS], MOV[CVID+PCM], MOV[MJPEG+PCM], MOV[DVC+PCM], MOV[H263+MU-law], MOV[SMC/RPZA+PCM]
o Almost all MP4s are supported(directshow).
* Mplayer Engine Support
* Winamp Input Plugin (decoder) Support
* DVD playback, ratDVD support (needs ratDVD filters)
o Audio CD (2000, XP only / Win9x-Support by winamp plugin)
o Video CD/SVCD/XCD : CDXA Format (2000, XP only)
o VCD Image File (BIN/ISO/IMG/NRG) ; NRG needs mplayer.dll
* WDM device support like TV/HDTV/Camera/Cam etc
* Adobe Flash (SWF)/FLC/FLI
* Various Image files like png, gif etc
Make a Kmplayer portable with no ads:
- exctract installer with 7zip.
- delete all the folders that start with $
- make a folder named Logo, place inside an empty file named Index.htm
- start Kmplayer and select to save setings to ini file.
I used to love this program and had it on all my computers/devices (all eight of them). But, after "updating" to the 3.7 version, especially after "updating" to 22.214.171.124, it is clear they are no longer updating the media player elements of the program, only the adware and connection-hogging elements.
I've uninstalled it from all my devices because the "updates" were such a disappointment and it was quite difficult to dig out all the slime KMPlayer put on them. I may try PotPlayer again, but that has always been a connection hog as well (try running PotPlayer with a program called "TCP View" running in the background to see how many times PotPlayer tries to connect to various websites). I know a lot of people love PotPlayer, but I will not use programs that keep sending my online activities off to other websites for dubious uses, and that is my experience with this otherwise fine software.
[And for those who may say that it is easy to opt-out of the KMPlayer's adware installers, well, no, it's not. Any system I did not have protected with a software firewall got hammered with toolbars and background processes, even though I distinctly did not choose any of them. Plus, when I'm done watching a video, I want to stop the media player; well, KMPlayer won't let you do that--it stays running, goes to a white screen, and tries to display something--not quite sure what because this was on a tightly-firewalled system, but if you put the mouse cursor over the player window it changes to the "busy" cursor no matter how long you let it run. You can only stop this behavior by completely closing the program and looking for and stopping its other components in the task manager.]
So, now I am using--and am quite happy with--a program I previously shunned because of its kinda-clunky nature: VLC. It is so refreshing because it does what it says it does, only what it says it does, and does it pretty darned well, too.
Unless there's some sort of miracle on the part of The KMPlayer's developer/developers, I'm certain I won't be going back to it, which really ticks me off, frankly. They took a fantastic program and turned it into unadulterated trash all through greed. So long, KMPlayer!
I have been using The KMPlayer for *years* now on all my PCs and have unreservedly recommended it to everyone I know. It used to work fantastically, and although the settings were a real PITA to understand and configure properly, it offered a great experience OOTB as well.
Sadly, all good things must come to an end. Ever since the developer left (check out his ever improving new offering called PotPlayer!) the company responsible for The KMPlayer has slowly but surely driven it into the ground in a desperate attempt to monetise it. The latest version (126.96.36.199) I tried came as a real shock to me. Multiple scammy toolbars and sundry "offers" that you have to carefully opt out of unless you want your PCs overrun with crapware/malware, plus the headache of remembering to opt out of the company's own Pandora service which IMO is nothing better than spyware.
Even after going to all this effort, you still end up with a player that shows you ads prominently in the main window now, and there's even an entire sidebar for pushing even more crap at you. Yes, with even more effort you can figure out how to block the ads and disable the sidebar and so on, but my point is, *WHY SHOULD YOU NEED TO*? There comes a point where it's just not worth the effort, and that, my friends, is now. No matter how good the core player remains, there's just too much slime coated around it now and it has lost my trust forever. After all, how does one truly know that all the connections it makes have been blocked, or that it's not sending your data for the company to exploit/sell? Yeah, perhaps monitor its outgoing connections with Wireshark or whatever, but tell me, do you *really*, *truly* wish to waste your time and energy doing this repeatedly after *every* update?
I have personally moved on to PotPlayer, and I encourage those looking for an alternative to do so as well. If that doesn't tickle your fancy then there's always the good ol' VLC to fall back on, or MPC-HC or a whole host of alternatives that won't overload your PCs with malware and leave you feeling dirty. It's high time you join me in dumping this POS. Trust me, you'll thank me for it. And as for Pandora, the company responsible for perverting and destroying a fine piece of software, eff you.
A short note. KMPlayer has finally fixed that sticky subtitles that has been plaguing my movie viewing enjoyment. Sticky means, the subtitles causes the image to stutter. Well it's finally fixed. Now if only they can fix the incredibly slow start up and not so accurate pauses when the pause button is engaged.
Don't bother with the 3.7 version yet guys, the interface is so full of bugs it's not funny and renders it nearly useless.
You cannot kill the KMP+ function in settings, it indicates it has but on restart KMP+ starts up again.
Has a nuisance advertising banner that shows up now and again.
The side tab opens every time the program is opened.
Stick with 3.6 until they iron out these bugs......... or go to it's cousin PotPlayer
It is still the best player. None of other player can play xSub subtitle even PotPlayer except Divx own player(but it has too less functionality). Also it has option to play 3D. I do not the new bloatware staff like social networking, but besides that, I like it.
Seriously though, people have moved forward a long ago. They no longer want a bloated application. I hope the author who also is an author of potplayer, keeps improving potplayer. KMPlayer is no longer a king. In fact it fell below MPC HC, MPC BE. Potplayer is the new king of all players! Thank you.
The original author of KMPlayer, Kang Yong-Huee, sold the program to a commercial company called Pandora TV. Although it was great but with some bugs, after changing hands it got buggier. Stick with an old version (pre Pandora) or move on to PotPlayer by the author of KMPlayer, Kang Yong-Huee, and which is pretty much KMPlayer still being developed by the original author. That's where I've gone. Makes sense to me.
PS the ratings I've given don't mean anything - posting here FORCES you to rate stuff. And the last version of KMP I used was 2.something
WTF! I just upgraded to the latest version and the menu system is so futzed that I can't figure out how to do anything. I can't even look up the version number because F1 only opens my browser, not the usual help file. All I want to do is play some music, but it is a challenge to get the player to open what I want. It always wants to open something else. There are several modes and I have not figured out how to get it out of the smallest shade mode. Any other program I can drop a location into the window and the player will play it. KMP does something else depending on what mode it is in.
I am not a stupid person. If I can't figure out how to run a program, the program has a major problem!
At first I thought this was a great program, but the more that I used it the more problems I had with video synch. It has problems skipping around in the file and has occasional video speed problems. It doesn't skip the amount it's set to and sometimes it just won't skip at all. It also sometimes slows or stops the video (sound still playing) and then all of the sudden speeds it up until they're back in synch. No problems with the file in VLC or MPC or Sage TV or Nero ShowTime.
above is someone else comment i have the same problem after installing the latest version but not in any previous one.
Plauback speed problem when switching audio streams!
I had this problem in both Windows XP x86 and Windows 7 x64 in 2 different computers, and for 2 different movies.
When playing a MKV (with AAC audio) file with more than 2 audio streams, the problem occur.
The default audio strams plays normally.
When i select another stream, the playback speed is reduced. Video and audio play slowly. Can nopt be adjusted by menu. When i select anotherr stream, it work normally. Again if i change the stream it works normally. Not a problem if it has 3 audio streams. To play 2nd stream, first 3rd stream should be selected and then selecting 2nd stream works. But that 'jilmart' is not applicable for dual audio files :)
The KMPlayer provides arguably the best user interface among the software in its class. The interface is clean, simple and avoids any complex options that might confuse the users instead of helping them. This software can sometimes be a little heavy on the system and might slow your computer down a bit, but this is a very rare occurrence. I enjoy it!
I just tried out the latest version, and despite the fact I declined for additional software to be installed, other things were installed on my computer. Once I completely uninstalled it, come to find out, one of the processes related to KMPlayer was still running in the background, and it looked rather awkward to me, so fortunately, I stopped it from running, and deleted it. Beware of this software.
Saved me $800 in a minute. I live in a remote part of the world and only recently got access to 1 meg of bandwidth, so when I started getting access to HD media in x264 and H264 (instead of DIVX)and my VLC player couldn't play it. Because it would play XVID, I assumed it was the added compression that was the problem and my 3 year old Toshiba laptop was too slow to process it. So after scraping together the cash and researching the options for about a month, I came here trying to get someone to tell me the i5 machine I was just preparing to order would be fast enough in the play this media, when I came across a reference to KMPlayer..
This thing plays everything just fine..nothing else to be said. I may have to buy a new computer before I want to or intend to, but it won't be because my media won't play. So I guess you could say that this thing does what the Swiss Army kKnife of Media PLayers can't..
I use KMPlayer for making screencaps (on Windows) and for that function, I've not found another tool that even comes close. My only complaints are that in later versions, they've hidden access to the menu so that you have to go in and enable it and that for some reason, I can't cap from DVD on a x64 install. I have to use an earlier version (.1428)
As for the linux install, it's worthless with regard to capping which is a shame.
Posted July 16, 2010 by larissa_j.
Tool version :188.8.131.527
using OS Windows 7 64-bit
Don´t expect to much from them, the original developer Kang Yong-Huee left the project long time ago, since then the development has been atrocious, meaning no fixes, no new features, no support in the forum, the subject that is now as developer is only focusing in eyecandy and generating more bugs.
A great alternative is Splayer, it´s free, open source and and works like a charm with most of videos formats, you can download the portable version here: http://file.splayer.org/splayer.7z
VLC is another good choice but I didn´t find it so versatile as Splayer.
NEW SOFTWARE= New tool since your last visit
NEW VERSION= New version since your last visit
NEW COMMENT= New comment since your last visit
Type and download NO MORE UPDATES? = The software hasn't been updated in over 2 years. NO LONGER DEVELOPED = The software hasn't been updated in over 3 years.
RECENTLY UPDATED = The software has been updated the last 31 days. Freeware = Free software. Free software = Free software and also open source code. Freeware/Ads = Free software but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Free software/Ads = Free software and open source code but supported by advertising, usually with a included browser toolbar. It may be disabled when installing or after installation. Trialware = Also called shareware or demo. Trial version available for download and testing with usually a time limit or limited functions. Payware = No demo or trial available. Portable version = A portable/standalone version is available. No installation is required.
v1.0.1 = Latest version available.
Download beta = It could be a BETA, RC(Release Candidate) and even a ALPHA version of the software.
Download (direct link) = A direct link to the software download.
Download (developer's site) = A link to the software developer site.
Download (mirror link) = A mirror link to the software download. It may not contain the latest versions.
Download old versions = Free downloads of previous versions of the program.
Download 64-bit version = If you have a 64bit operating system you can download this version.
Download portable version = Portable/Standalone version meaning that no installation is required, just extract the files to a folder and run directly.
= Windows version available.
= Mac OS version available.
= Linux version available.
Our hosted tools are virus and malware scanned with several antivirus programs using www.virustotal.com.