VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a WV10D6 that I purchased last year, and I am trying to connect into a TV that only has a coaxial connection in the back, nothing else. I do have the RF Modulator "box" from a prior installation (with a standard DVD player), but I can not figure out how to connect the DVD Recorder. Note: I also have a cable box that is in the mix as well. It does not explain the installation on the "quick guide", and I can not find the full-sized owner's manual...could you PLEASE HELP? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no mind readers here. without knowing what the cable box and dvr have for input and output connections it would be kinda hard. also, were the tv and cable box connected before?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi earndhardt123, this is the setup which provides all possible viewing/recording options available which I use. It alows me to:
    1-record from cable or box
    2-watch box while recording cable
    3-watch cable while recording box
    4-watch recorder
    you'll need a bit of hardware:

1 - 3-way bi-directional splitter needed (cable provider can assist) to allow company to read the box.
    1 - 3-way coaxial switch
    5 - coaxial cables
    2 - sets of A/V cables (I suggest S-Video/audio for box-to-dvr for quality recordings and if your RF has S-Video, you could use that or the Composite set. This set is feeding the coaxial output so a good composite might be all you need)

I'l start with the coaxial setup:
    1- cable from wall to 3-way bi-directional splitter in
    2- Feed 1 from splitter to DVR coaxial in
    3- Feed 2 from splitter to Cable Box coaxial in
    4- Box out to 3-way Switch "B" ( B for Box)
    5- Feed 3 from splitter to 3-way Switch "C" ( C for Cable)
    6- RF Modulator out to Switch "A" (A for DVR ???, well I tried )
    7- Switch output to TV RF in
    8- TV on channel 3

If you need to get coaxial cable get the ones with the stiffer center stems, some are very thin, basically the bigger stem, the better signal, I actualy use satellite cable and do my own pieces of cable lenghts.

The A/V setup:
    1- Cable Box S-Video out plus a set of audio cables to DVR S-Video/audio in. This is where I suggest a quality S-Video cable for optimum video recording from the Box. Of course you can use composite cables if you wish
    2- DVR Video out to RF input (dependant on your RF inputs, if you have the option of S-Video or Composite, you can use either type here also).

How to use the setup options and tips:
    To operate and view DVR use switch "A"
    To operate and view Box use switch "B"
    To operate and view Cable use switch "C"

When programming timer recording on DVR;

1- choose cable/tuner as a source if the show is available on basic cable. This allows you to watch the Box (Switch "B" for Box) while recording cable.
    2- choose approriate line source on DVR to record the Box for stations only available through the box, set box on station to be recorded (or set box timer). This allows you to watch cable with the TV tuner (Switch "C" for Cable) while recording the cable box station.
    3- Return TV to channel 3 before switching to A or B

Hope this helps

Cheers

CC
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The WV10D6(/SV2000) DVD recorder pdf Manual is available on-line

http://www.funai-corp.com/6pdf/om/WV10D6.pdf
    Quote Quote