VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I know most questions are about copying FROM HDD to DVD , I would like to do the reverse ...

I own a samsung DVD-HR 725 ( 160 gig ) and I would like to transfer clips from my PC to the samsung HDD recorder ...

When I author and wright with NEROVISION ( of course in VR MODE ) , the dvd's are read but halt every 2 seconds ( you can see the counter going bananas ) ... however, it plays perfectly in the smaller TITLE window ...

What setting or method do I have to change ?

tnx

Guy
    Quote Quote  
  2. VideoHelp is littered with posts from members who tell us Nero is a very poor authoring tool that creates problematic DVDs. More than likely you will get better disc compatibility from ULead or any other DVD recording application.

However you should know that almost all DVD/HDD recorders "lock out" DVDs made on other recorders or on PCs, even in VR mode. They aren't as versatile in reading DVD formats as a PC, which is why you can make use of your Samsung recordings on your PC but cannot go easily in the other direction. The recorder will usually not high-speed copy the DVD from your PC onto its hard disk without transcoding it or otherwise interfering with it. I have been able to do this by moving VR DVDs within different models of the same brand recorder (Pioneer), but not with DVDs from my PC. A lot depends on the brand and model of DVD/HDD recorder: Samsungs are not that common in the USA, perhaps a member from Europe has a workaround and will post it for you here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    okay tnx

is there a such thing as a freeware descent authoring tool ?
    Quote Quote