VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI, I bought my Sony RDR-HX725 DVD recorder in Germany and now moved to the USA. Is there a way to change something in the DVD recorder to make it work on NTSC TV Program? It is code free, so I can watch DVD´s from the US, but for some reason it plays the gernan DVD´s that I have in a grey and bad picture with no sound and it is not able to record any program from the US TV Program. I was hopeing to be able to switch it somehwo to change it so that it would record US TV and so that it would play both german and US DVD`s.
    Can anybody help me on that! Please respond.
    Thank you a lot!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should refer to the user manual. In order to record NTSC TV stations, it will need to have a NTSC tuner. If it does, then there will likely be a menu option to change. However, I doubt that is the case. It would be a mostly pointless option and raise the cost. That is why most players/recorders are regional.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your responce. Unfortunatly my DVD recorder does not have a NTSC Tuner. So I believe there won´t be a chance to make it work!?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It may or may not still function for recording from the video input (Line In), it just can't tune and record TV stations.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote