VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My general opinion about the Sony DVD recorder (HX910) is good. In this year experience I recognised two problems:
    1. high speed dubbing (from HDD to DVD)
    2. quick timer feature
    For the first point I was not able to find a way to duplicate in high speed mode. The device takes the decision autonomously and in 80% of the cases he works only at low speed (x1).
    For point n°2 there is no reaction of the device when I press the record button several time: neither changes on the display nor start of the quick timer function.
    Please, can someone help me to solve the two problems ?

thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1) goto to the 'timer list', choose dubbing and then look at the DUB MODE field at left of screen about halkf way down. Fast is high speed.

2) the system menu option 'TV Direct Rec' must be set to Off for the quick timer rec to function. Then each time you push record it adds 30 minutes on to recording time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

usign different types of DVDs (different manufacturer - also SONY ) I rarely can copy form HD to DVD
    in high speed mode.
    Often I get the message (disk error) and then only the low speed is working.
    I have two questions:
    1. is there a way to upgrade the FW of the DVD writer (using e.g the firewall channel) ?
    2. what is the right way to clean the heads ?

Thank you for you support !!!
    Bob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sony products are notorious for NOT working with Sony brand media. My advice would be to experiment until you find a brand/type that the player functions correctly using, and then stick with just that brand.

For best results in most players/recorders it is recommended to use quality media. Verbatim and TY are the most reliable.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote