VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I have a Sony RDR-HX720 Recorder with me.I would like to have a home theater connected to this player.i dont want an home theater which comes with a player.i just need the surround sound which could be connected to this player.Can someone suggest me something which could be connected to this.Also can you please let me know whether this is compatible with 7.1 surround sound.
    Am not very much clear about buying an Amplifier or an sound receiver and adding some speakers to them.If this could be the best option,can someone explain me on what all things needs to bought.
    Let me know if there are any other options available.

Thanks
    Abdul
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All you need is an receiver/AVR (Audio Video Receiver) and speakers. Many manufacturers (including Sony) have home theater packages that consist of a receiver and speakers (and more expensive models that include a DVD player, which as you noted you do not need). There is a wide selection of HTIB (Home Theater in a Box), just choose one that sounds good to you and is in your price range. They typically start out with basic 2.1 setups and increase in size. A 5.1 setup is the most common and is recommended. You can get a 7.1 setup if you like, but most movie soundtracks are only recorded in 5.1 anyway. The only thing to take special notice of is the digital output of you recorder. There are two types, optical and coaxial. You player uses coaxial, so ensure your new receiver has a digital coaxial input. You need the digital input to get true surround sound.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks a lot....am planning to buy a Sony HT-DDW685
    Quote Quote