VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. It looks like some manufacturers are waking up - You can get from some specialty stores, a SAMSUNG DVD-R175 for around $170CDN - It says NEW - but for some strange reason I don't see it listen on either Samsung websites, the latest they have is R160. Yet I was able to locate the manual from a site, and was surprised to see it supports true FR mode, 1hr, 1.5hr, 2hr, 2.5hr, 3hr, 4h and 6/8h. Have they switched chipsets ? I opened my Samsung R155XAC and noticed it used the TechWell video decoder and the Samsung MPEG encoder chipset.......does the R175 use something different ? Has anybody tried this model yet ? The only place I've seen it is a Dumoulin store - you cannot return items there, unlike FutureShop or BestBuy, etc.......
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The DVD-R175 was announced at CES 2008 in January. Here's an article, last one mentioned.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi There,

I really think this is a good thing for manufactures to finally do. Also, it is really not that uncommon from what I"ve seen for a company to produce a piece of equipment for certain stores like Wal-Mart and not include them on they're website.

I found this out after checking on something for my DVR-220-s that my father bought for me from Wal-Mart a few years ago. The 220 is NOT even listed in the archives of Pioneer's website. However, the 320 is listed.

The 220 was solely produced for "certain" boxstores I was told.
    Yeah, I'm probably nuts... But what the hell. Nobody's perfect.
    Quote Quote