VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi ,

i live in the middleast and i have many vhs tapes that are secam .

and i want to digitize them by converting them to dvd .

the problem i am facing is that the panasonic dmre100 dvd recorder that i have doesn't record secam signal ( the picture appear black and white ) .

so my question is there a dvd recorder that records secam ?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or look for a VHS player that outputs PAL for SECAM tapes. This is probably easier to find, as SECAM doesn't really exist in the DVD world - it is just an output format.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks , where can i find VHS player that outputs PAL for SECAM tapes ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure if it is still made, but I have the Panasonic AG-W1 which will not only playback in SECAM but also through convert (convert it while playing back) on the fly.
    E-Bay has a few used AG-W1's and also the AIWA HV-MX1. The problem is neither ship outside of the USA or Canada. Ah! Here is a Panasonic deck which ships worldwide. Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can vouch for the AG-w1. I used one 15? years ago. I cant believe they still make it, but if you can find a used one, it might be worth a try. I rented mine at a local video store, for something like $30?/day. I did all my conversions from PAL VHS to NTSC VHS. Worked like a charm.
    Never used the Aiwa, but I heard good reviews about it. I would say the Panny is defiantly a commercial unit, while the Aiwa is more consumer.
    Quote Quote