VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone who owns a Philips DVDR3545V/37 plays PAL disks? In the specs it says:
    Video Disc Playback System: NTSC, PAL

I called their customer support because I cannot play PAL disk in my unit(disks are marked ALL regions). They said it won't play PAL, however in another post a user states his call to customer support told them it will play
    PAL.

Thanks................
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    As crazy as it sounds, the problem may be that it can't play PAL DVDs that are marked all regions. I have an old DVP-642 by Philips and it has that problem with commercial DVDs. I have a commercial DVD (NOT a bootleg, but a legit all regions release from Russia - I know I know, but it really is legit as it's a Russian movie from ruscico.com) that is PAL and all regions and my DVP-642 will not play it at all. It will play PAL DVDs with region codes without any problems and it will play PAL DVDs on DVD+/-R without region codes too. Why it is different for pressed DVDs, I don't know.

I believe that all Philips DVD players are capable of playing PAL and NTSC DVDs and I know of no exceptions. If your disc is a commercial one, try ripping it and burning to DVD+/-RW and see if it plays.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The product manual states is plays DVD's marked Region 1 and ALL. It is a ripped DVD+RW. It plays fine in my other Philips and LG DVD players.

Thanks for the reply and info!
    Quote Quote