VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello Group,

My machine keeps kicking out the blank discs........
    I've been using Verbatim ( - 16x) discs since I've had the unit but all of a sudden the machine won't accept them.

I get the error "unread."

Any thoughts?

Thanks......
    Quote Quote  
  2. The ES30V is several generations old having been replaced by the ES40V, Es35V, and EZ37V. Does the manual guarantee support of X16 media? I suspect not. You might check for a firmware update that might improve media support.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply but as I said, the machine was reading 16x until, well, until just last week when it stopped reading blank discs.......

Btw, playback is fine...........
    Quote Quote  
  4. Were the rejected disks from a pack that was used and had worked before or were they from a new pack
    Quote Quote  
  5. LCSHG, the discs were from a pack that I had used before.......

Fyi, I also bought a new pack of Verbatims that I get the same error message......

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  6. newshoes

The reason I asked was to eliminate any comment that it was the new stack
    I do not have the ES30E but have a friend that does and has had no problems and he uses the same disks as I, -- [Verbatim 16x] the pack states (up to 16x).

You’re post interested me as you have had the unit for some time, and have used the same disks and now have problems. Play is OK but the unit will not recognize a blank disk

I have always felt that Unit problems were to often being blamed on disks and the need for a firmware upgrade
    It sounds as the DVD drive is having problems. You might try cleaning the laser but I have not had much success doing this.

My recorders are Liteon/ilo units and most have replaced drives They and I’m sure the ES30E do not burn past 4x, the disks may be rated 16x but they burn at about 4x.even with a 16x replacement drive.

Again (by your posts) I would feel that the drive is the problem and cleaning would he worth a try. I do not feel that disks or firmware are at issue. A Panasonic owner might have an answer, but you may be faced with a drive replacement. What this would entail and if its worth it, I do not know.
    Quote Quote