VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a panasonic dvd recorder, and some memorex DVD+R DL discs that I bought a couple years ago. Last night, I tried recording on one of them, and my recorder couldn't read it. I tried the next, same result. I went through about 10 discs before I gave up.

Has anyone heard of this recorder having issues with certain types of discs?

Manu
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's quite common for DVD players and recorders to perform better with some brands of discs than others. You should be aware that Memorex media is truly horrible. While it may not be the worst media on the planet, although it's certainly in the running, it is hands down the worst media I have ever bought. I bought some before I learned better many years ago.

In the USA the ONLY excellent quality media available is Taiyo Yuden (you'll have to mail order it) or Verbatim. TY does not make DL discs for sale in the USA, so you'll need to buy Verbatim DVD+R DL discs for the best chance of success and try to get the Made in Singapore ones instead of Made in India ones if you have a choice.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would agree. My first DL purchase was Windata discs from MicroCenter. They would not format/record in my ES25. The same discs worked in my EZ-28. Verbs work in both.
    I don't use many DLs but compatibility certainly could be your issue.
    Quote Quote