VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi what i need to find out is that i had four security films on my harddrive which where accidentally erased i desperately need to restore these file have contacted pioneer but they have told me that there
    isnt an operating system on the hard drive and no recovery can be performed can anybody help me
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes you can try what i tried.
    I took the HDD out from Pioneer DVR, and used as an USB drive with my laptop. I run several HDD recovery softwares, and finelly I found this:
    Stellar Phoenix BSD - Data Recovery Software
    It was good becaouse the Pioneer DVR HDD formated with OpenBsd Linux system.
    I saved 24 Gb file. The only problem was, that mor than one movie was in a large file. You cab later edit (seperat) it.
    Could you write me, what happend with your Hdd?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi pio433 just read your reply
    could i ask a few questions
    which operating system is your laptop running and which of the Stellar Phoenix BSD software programs did you get as there are quite a few
    thnx isakiel
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi isakiel,
    I use MsWIndows XP on my laptop. And used the BSD version of the Stellar Phoenix program.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hey all, I realize this post is quite old but it is still very relevant in Google searches for corrupt Pioneer DVR harddrives. I had a 633H drive corrupt on me last week. I wrote a few scripts to help me recover the contents successfully (which I have completed). You can see all the fun details here: http://knoopgroup.com/blog/pioneer-dvr-harddrive-recovery-tools/

Mike
    Quote Quote