VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got an AVI type 1 off of mini-DV (no longer have the original tape). No AV1 type 1 to 2 converter can convert it. When I try to extract the audio in TMPGENC it treats the sound as 32KHz, 12-bit. It is actually 48Khz, 16 bit. I tried adjusting the playback sampling rate in Cooledit Pro but it clicks. WMP and MPC play it fine but I need to extract the sound, process it (N/R, remove mains power control tones and adjust dynamic range) and then add it to the M2V in TMPGENC DVD Author.

I can get Graphedit to render it correctly but I can't work out how to save the audio stream as a WAV? I know nothing about Direct X. I've tried using variations of Smart Tee, Wav Dest, Avi Mux, File writer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's how I do it in Graphedit. Insert the Wav Dest filter and connect as shown below. Insert the File Writer filter, name the file Movie.wav, click on open. Then join the pins from Wav Dest to Movie.Wav and hit the green play button. This will save the audio out to the Movie.Wav file.

"Just another sheep boy, duck call, swan
    song, idiot son of donkey kong - Julian Cope"
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can find the WAVDest.ax filter in this package;
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/wma2wav.html

Windows doesn't come with it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Safesurfer
    Here's how I do it in
    Well I got it to work, but not without incident. First off, the file is misrecognised as 32Khz 16-bit, not 12-bit as I reported yesterday. This is what I found:

If I first use the filter chain as you supplied the file is written as 32Khz SR.

If I run it again the output is still 32Khz SR.

If I render the avi first in graphedit, play it, close graphedit, reopen it and then load and run the wav extracting filter graph, it outputs a 48Khz SR file and on subsequent runs it remains 48Khz SR.

When it is misrecognised, I see 48Khz as the Audio output format from DV Splitter's AudOut00, but 32 Khz at Wav Dest's In pin.

So it appears to be an initialisation problem.
    Quote Quote