VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, im new to these boards but have been on the site a few times.

i am having a problem with my packard bell ehr2080 dvd recorder in a sense that when i plug my xbox in i can record in pal-50 mode perfectly fine but i cannot record properly in pal-60 unfortunately the game im trying to record reqiures pal 60 to play. another strange thing with it though is that in pal 60 i get all colours but red and a yellow tinge across the screen :S does this just mean i cant record in pal 60? if so what dvd recorder would you recomend i should buy, please bare in mind i am a student so moneys tight lol i think i could stretch to around about £100 plus the return price for this one.

all help would be really appreciative

Ricky

ps i have updated to the latest firmware and i have tried all the ports on my machine the scart rolls in white and all the other connections show me full colour bar the red, by not recording properly i mean i dont get full colour.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    PAL 60 (aka Psuedo PAL) recording is rarely if ever supported by PAL DVD recorders.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so what would you recomend i do? sorry for the newbie style questions but this is my first time at recording things
    thanks
    rickstain
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rickstain
    so what would you recomend i do? sorry for the newbie style questions but this is my first time at recording things
    thanks
    rickstain
    DVD Recorders do not record quasi/pseudo signals. Sorry but there is nothing left to say.
    There used to be in-line converters readily available but with so many DVD Players now
    available to do a true PAL/NTSC conversion on the fly...in-line converters are pretty much
    obsolete. I have an in-line converter but it never worked correctly....not even sure where I
    put that think now that I mentioned it.
    Quote Quote