VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to replace my old HDD to a new one, I record the ID on back of machine (just below the RF jet) EJDL004013LY; than I enter the ID setup page from service remote, I found the numbers are different (at this moment I was so fool and forget to write down this digit...); than I follow the step press esc + stereo + 9;

now everytime I turn on my DVR it said CPRM error and than HDD error (I am connecting my original HDD). Is there any way to retrieve my 9 digit ID??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From what I can tell. This is not your recorder ID. There should only be 9 numbers. Not 11 characters mixed with numbers and letters. And it should be numbers only.

My guess would be to hit ESC+Stereo. Then, look to see if the original number is still listed on the screen, if it is, write it down. If it's not, then you need to locate it on the recorder somewhere. Usually on the back somewhere. If it's not there, then you might have a problem.

If this is the case, I would have to defer to one of the others here that might have more knowledge than me. Perhaps they can assist better in locating a number that has dissapeared.
    Yeah, I'm probably nuts... But what the hell. Nobody's perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Bagheera
    From what I can tell. This is not your recorder ID. There should only be 9 numbers. Not 11 characters mixed with numbers and letters. And it should be numbers only.

My guess would be to hit ESC+Stereo. Then, look to see if the original number is still listed on the screen, if it is, write it down. If it's not, then you need to locate it on the recorder somewhere. Usually on the back somewhere. If it's not there, then you might have a problem.

If this is the case, I would have to defer to one of the others here that might have more knowledge than me. Perhaps they can assist better in locating a number that has dissapeared.
    Thanks for suggest, but now I miss the 9digit show in ESC+stereo... and I can't read it anymore since everytime it ask me to input this digit again... (seems due to I erase the original CPRM ID...), and I can't find the ID by the label coz its wrong one (with character+digit)

I am blessing God can help me
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stepw
    Originally Posted by Bagheera

Thanks for suggest, but now I miss the 9digit show in ESC+stereo... and I can't read it anymore since everytime it ask me to input this digit again... (seems due to I erase the original CPRM ID...), and I can't find the ID by the label coz its wrong one (with character+digit)
    I think the CPRM ID should be on the same label where it says "Manufactured June 2006" (for example), etc. This was posted here in some thread, along with a photo. I'll see if I can find it.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi bros, I try a fake CPRM ID from faq guide: 001296784 and it works now, even I can record and playback on my new HDD.

But everytime I will have 'wrong HDD info' err msg during power on. Looks I got to UG my firmware but I need some advise before doing stupid things again

Any suggestion?

PS. I attach my ver info find from service remote page, hope some expert can help.

Quote Quote  
  6. Looks I did stupid thing again... I download the 630H firmware and update.

After that I dont have any HDD err msg anymore, but I can't gain control by my remote control. Once it enter 'home menu' I can't quit it, I can control the up/down but just can't press enter nor quit (I have to do power reset than...)

From service page it seems err on IRCON, it show NG-... service manual ask me to download firmware but where can I find the suitable one?

Mind DVR is 630-HS while official pioneer website only got 630H...

Quote Quote  
  7. You did use a totally wrong firmware for your DVR, you used the firmware that is from Pioneer Europe.

Check your PM!
    Pioneer FAQ http://pioneerfaq.info : Please visit the sponsors
    @Twitter
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I figured someone with more knowledge would come along eventually. There are some very smart people out here that know a hell of a lot about these machines. I hope you get your unit fixed.
    Yeah, I'm probably nuts... But what the hell. Nobody's perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    remove....
    Quote Quote  
  10. thanks bros, after consult with Hkan I fix my machine. (I was upgrade with a wrong firmware but lucky Hkan got a correct one.)

Now I am enjoying my new 250GB HDD
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Hkan View Post
    You did use a totally wrong firmware for your DVR, you used the firmware that is from Pioneer Europe.

Check your PM!
    Hi, I also lost my ID number. I am trying to replace my HDD and getting ID NG on the unit itself and Write wrong NO!on my TV. I have a Pioneer 533H-S(Canada). I have obtained the right firmware but the first time I went in with the Pioneer Service remote I did not have the Data Disk GGV1256 and I stopped in the middle of installation. I did not notice the very first time what the ID number was as it looked to me to be the same as the one written on the back of my unit which is the one I am using and getting the messages noted above.

Is there a way to obtain another ID number?

Regards,
    Last edited by claprade; 14th Jan 2012 at 22:47. Reason: I should of used a new post
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi, I also lost my ID number. I am trying to replace my HDD and getting ID NG on the unit itself and Write wrong NO!on my TV. I have a Pioneer 533H-S(Canada). I have obtained the right firmware but the first time I went in with the Pioneer Service remote I did not have the Data Disk GGV1256 and I stopped in the middle of installation. I did not notice the very first time what the ID number was as it looked to me to be the same as the one written on the back of my unit which is the one I am using and getting the messages noted above.

Is there a way to obtain another ID number? Hopefully this will solve my problem.

Regards,
    Quote Quote  
  13. Lost my ID number. I am trying to replace my HDD and getting ID NG on the unit itself and Write wrong NG! on my TV. I have a Pioneer 533H-S(Canada). I have obtained the right firmware but the first time I went in with the Pioneer Service remote I did not have the Data Disk GGV1256 and I stopped in the middle of installation. I did not notice the very first time what the ID number was as it looked to me to be the same as the one written on the back of my unit which is the one I am using and getting the messages noted above.

Is there a way to obtain another ID number? Hopefully this will solve my problem.

Regards,
    Quote Quote