VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to make a DVD with dolby digital 5.1 from an HDTV TIVOHD recording.
    I took the tivo file to my computer with tivodesktop and then converted it to an mpeg file with DirectSHowTivoConvert. The file plays fine on vlc media player. I imported it into SVCD2DVD and used quick DVD to make the dvd folders. The dvd folders play in power dvd 5 at a fast speed so you can not hear the audio well and the video is going too fast but the file is in dolby digital 5.1. I burned a dvd and it also plays too fast on the stand alone dvd player. I have tried making a dvd from another TIVO HD show that was in HDTV and it worked fine so I dont know what is wrong. I took the same HDTV mpeg from tivo after using DirectSHowTivo Convert and imported it into powerproducer and it produced a DVD that plays fine but contains 2 channel stereo. So I think the TIVO is recording in HDTV with dolby digital 5.1 and I can get it to the pc and then convert it to mpeg with HDVT resolution and dolby digital 5.1 sound but SVCD2DVD is not working when I try to author the DVD. Any one have any suggestions ? I have the latest registered version of SVCD2DVD v2.5.
    thanks
    david
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've not used SVCD2DVD in quite awhile, but there could be several issues here. The first being that you are taking HD source material and conveting to DVD. As the DVD spec doesn't allow for HD resolutions, the source has to be reencoded. You may also need to manually remove and remux the audio to preserve the 5.1 soundtrack. You can extract the 5.1 from the original file, perform the video conversion in PowerProducer (since it works for you), remux the 5.1 audio into the final video, and then author onto DVD.

Ensure all of the tools that you are using (including any guides you may be referenceing) are for HD(Tivo) to DVD conversion and not just SD(Tivo) to DVD conversion. There is a difference.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Solution:
    use mpeg streamclip (freeware) to convert mpeg to .ts and then SVCD2DVD will take this .ts file and will make a DVD that plays at the correct speed.
    Quote Quote