VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I am using mencoder in linux to batch encode a bunch of videos to a lower resolution with the command line. I am using the command -vf scale -zoom -xy 512 (for example) to set the width of every encoded video to 512 (which is a multiple of 16 or mod 16). This command will automatically determine the correct vertical resolution for the video, but will not result in a mod 16 resolution. So far, these commands have been very handy so that I don't have to set the values for EVERY video, and the batch does the work for me. But I want the output to have a mod 16 vertical resolution. Is there any command that I can use in mencoder that will FORCE a mod 16 resolution?

Thanks
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I digging up some late replies today

From man mencoder
    Code:
    scale[=w:h[:ilaced[:chr_drop[:par[:par2[:presize[:noup[:arnd]]]]]]]]
                  Scales the image with the software scaler (slow) and performs a YUV<->RGB  colorspace  conversion
                  (also see -sws).

<w>,<h>
                          scaled width/height (default: original width/height)
                          NOTE:  If  -zoom is used, and underlying filters (including libvo) are incapable of scal-
                          ing, it defaults to d_width/d_height!
                              0:   scaled d_width/d_height
                             -1:   original width/height
                             -2:   Calculate w/h using the other dimension and the prescaled aspect ratio.
                             -3:   Calculate w/h using the other dimension and the original aspect ratio.
                             -(n+8): Like -n above, but rounding the dimension to the closest multiple of 16.

--------------------------snipped for length------------------- read it yourself :D
    SO....

If you wanted to auto size to 512x$MOD16, try
    -vf scale=512:-11
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote