VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Recently purchased a DVD recorder. Model number is: DVDR3475

TV: Toshiba 35AF44

Sat. Box: Dish 322 http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/product_brochures/dish_322.pdf

Problem is that no matter how I connect the wires, I cannot seem to get the DVD recorder to record TV. It doesn't seem to 'see' the sat. coming in. It comes in on channel 3, but I cannot get everything configured so the end result is recording sat. tv.

Can anyone help with this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't want to sound condesending but did you set it up read the sattelite as a tuner source? Usually in the setup menu somewhere you have to set it up to read either from an antenna, cable or satellite.

Also - are you trying to record movie channels like Showtime or HBO? Those are almost certainly encrypted and won't let you record them. Just an observation.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the prompt reply. I did set it as such, Or so I thought I did, And we are trying to record anything. Fox mainly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try a different approach. Setup the video output from your sat and go to the input on the dvd recorder. Then change to the video input on your dvd recorder. You should be able to record that way. The only downside is with this method you can't change the channel through the dvd recorder, only the sat box.

Good luck.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would it help if I currently snapped a photo of all my hook ups? I am currently new to all of this, and its extremely confusing. Right now, its as if the DVD recorder never sees the Sat. box, And I get asked about E1 and E2 inputs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That would probably help us point you in the right direction. If I'm not online after you post somebody else could step in.

Chances are e1 and e2 are simply reffering to two input slots you have available on your dvd recorder. Each one will be labeled properly. Which ever one you plug into set your dvd recorder to that input. That should pick it up then.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All I see is AV in, Out and Such.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The Dish 322 is a two tuner unit. You can only record a channel that the dish is tuned to
    This would be for two sources as two TV’s , another TV a Recorder or both os you could watch one ch and record another.
    It should have two separate outputs (RCA) jacks
    One could go direct to the TV, the other to the recorder input, than from the recorder output to a TV input
    This is one way and could require changing input sources to the TV.
    I believe the Toshiba TV is a CRT that has multiple inputs and they should be RCA jacks

There are a number of ways that it could be connected
    I would suggest that you check the TV manual, DVD manual and the Dish manual They should guide you to a proper connection

I would use any RCA jacks for connection to the TV and Recorder over the ch 3 or 4 option. If possible
    Quote Quote