VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I currently own a LG LRA-850 DVD-Recorder, and a Motorola DVR. I have no clue how to connect the two. I know someone on youtube who was using a PVR and a DVD-R to get video's from his TV into the computer.

When I tried to record a program this afternoon, it didn't work and all it picked up was fuzz. Somehow the DVD-R needs to be programmed into the PVR, but I don't know how. Also, when the DVD-R was operating using our DVD player cables, it would only record channels 1-125, and I would like to record channels above that. Help would be MUCH appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have an SD DTV PVR connected via s-video to the A/V inputs of my Pioneer HDD DVD Recorder and have not problems. It even records 16:9, which is nice.

So perhaps you need to describe in more detail just how you have the two connected.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It won't correspond to a regular channel. You will need to select the input you are using. Most players mark them as Line IN. There are sometimes a separate button (front panel or on the remote) to choose the line inputs. Other times they are often selected using the channel selector (ie: L1, L2, 2, 3, 4, etc.).
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your DVD-R has an analog tumer. It will not record the higher digital channels from cable.

Your DVD-R has inputs on the front and the back. You need to select the proper source to record from.

Consider reading the manual. If you lost the manual it is available in PDF format on the LG website.
    Quote Quote