VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking at buying a new DVR/HDD unit, and here is what I would like to have:

160 GB+ HDD storage- not for tv mainly, but more for music. I would like to put my CD collection on the HDD, or at least the ones I listen to and get rid of the CD player. Also, I would assume that the DVD player would play audio CD's.

Ability to copy old home movies (not studio stuff, those are all DVD's already, just home movies) from VCR to the HDD (if possible) then record them to DVD, or VCR to DVD would be fine too. I would assume that I can plug the VCR into the inputs and record tapes to DVD?

Something that won't break in 3 months.

HD upconversion? Does that mean DVD's that are not HD will be somewhat converted by the player?

I will be hooking it to a new Insignia NS PDP42 42" plasma monitor, and a new little "all in one" type home theater system with a receiver and speakers yet to be determined. I'm looking at the usual- Polaroid 160GB unit at Wal Mart right now. Will this work for me? My Plasma monitor will only have 720p display, so I don't think having 1080 or whatever will matter, no?

I'm sort of new to the DVR's, so any advice would be appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Philips DVDR3575H at Wal-Mart and Circuit City would be a better choice.

More info here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx for the link- can I copy audio CD's to the HDD in this unit?
    Quote Quote