What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
Buy a Region Free DVD Players or a Region Free Blu-ray Players Modified for Region Free Ready to go. All hardware modifications with LifeTime Guarantee for Regional coding insure you will never need to mess with remote hacks or codes again. 220-electronics.com ships World Wide.
|Sony BDP-S185||8 user region code/hacks||February 22, 2013||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by stevenbob, December 12 2011:|
The region hack for the Sony BDP-S480 as posted on 10th december 2011 by japama also works on the sony BDP S-185
|Region code hack posted by DeWalt, March 19 2012:|
The following hack works (shows the blinking blue light) on
the Sony BDP-S185. You will need a Logitech Harmony (most if
not all models work),
|Region code hack posted by amarsav1023, June 02 2012:|
How to apply the fix
|Region code hack posted by yehti, June 26 2012:|
Sony BDV-E870 Blu-Ray home theatre Region 4
I used the supplied remote control Sony RM-ADP054, not a universal remote. One of the buttons is labelled RETURN.
Turn on unit with tray empty
Turn unit back to Standby
Unplug from mains
On restarting the unit I was able to play a Region 1 dvd that it previously had given a Wrong Region error message.
I have not tested this further.
|Region code hack posted by CARLOS RUIZ, August 02 2012:|
|Region code hack posted by Dpswatson, November 09 2012:|
Followed these instructions here:
On R2 player. Works fine with All4One URC 7740 remote.
I've posted the link so original poster gets credit.
|Region code hack posted by Sponglia, February 08 2013:|
Sony BDP-S185 MULTIREGION HACK - ONE-FOR-ALL URC 7940/3940 (DVD Playback Only)
To program the URC 7940 or URC 3940 One-For-All remote handsets to enable region free playback of DVD’s on Sony BDP-S185 (Region 2 locked players) please follow the instructions below.
This set of instructions will enable you to program your One-For-All remote to remove the region lock from the machine. Basically you're turning your remote into a 'service' remote to change the region settings of your machine.
If you make a mistake at any time simply remove one of the batteries for a few seconds to allow the remote to 'forget' what you previously entered before trying again.
USING THE ONE-FOR-ALL REMOTE
1. Press the DVD button.
2. Hold the magic or M button until the power button flashes twice.
3. Press 20533
4. Hold the magic or M button until the power button flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic or M button (don't hold)
7. Press 001891 (this sets button 1 – the power button flashes twice)
8. Hold the magic button until the power button flashes twice.
9. Press 994
10. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
11. Press 002552 (this sets button 2 – the power button flashes twice)
12. Hold the magic button until the power button flashes twice.
13. Press 994
14. Press Magic or M button (don't hold)
15. Press 000953 (this sets button 3 – the power button flashes twice)
16. Hold the magic button until the power button flashes twice.
17. Press 994
18. Press Magic or M button (don't hold)
19. Press 002214 (this sets button 4 – the power button flashes twice)
20. Hold the magic button until the power button flashes twice. .
21. Press 994
22. Press Magic or M button (don't hold)
23. Press 000795 (this sets button 5 – the power button flashes twice)
That's it, it's now programmed and ready to use
1. Use the ORIGINAL REMOTE that came with the player to bring it out of standby & wait until the main screen is displayed.
2. Make sure there is no disc in the drive.
3. USING THE ONE-FOR-ALL REMOTE, point it towards your player & press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. (nice & steady to avoid mistakes, about 1sec between presses worked fine for me) The blue light on top of the player will flash intermittently.
4. Turn the player back off (into standby) with it's ORIGINAL REMOTE.
5. That’s it, you've now finished with the One-For-All remote & your player is now region free (for DVD playback).
Enjoy your imports once again
|Region code hack posted by click, February 22 2013:|
Change Regional DVD Code of Sony BLU-RAY DISC/DVD PLAYER BDP-S185
from DVD-Code 2 to ALL
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks||
New hacks = New region code/hack comments since your last visit.