What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
|Samsung HT-D5500||1 user region code/hacks||July 04, 2013||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by kullrich, July 04 2013:|
just did a change of region code on my HT-D5500 after
searching high and low and not getting anywhere; procedure
1. switch player off and on with remote
2. wait for all activities to stop and the blue Samsung
screen to appear on your TV screen
3. move over to "My devices" and move on to "Disk"; there
should be NO disk in the drive!
4. press "play" button on your remote; a small window
appears in the right hand top corner of your TV screen
showing "No Disk", while this is still displaying (approx. 2
5. you have to hit "repeat" followed by the region code your
machine is set to; for me 56732 in Hong Kong
6. you will have a number in the same window that showed "No
Disk", in my case "3";
7. while that number is showing, press "9" for region free.
8. power off and on with remote and try it out.
the trick is, you need that "No disk" window to open in
order to lock in the repeat button and code. My player has
not a tray that opens and closes, so therefore you need to
hit the play button to show the window.
If you do not know what region your player is set to, hit
and hold the "Info" button on your remote and a window will
display your firmware version and region
apart from some other information.
the unlocking codes for the different regions that I know of
3-56732 South-East Asia incl. Hong Kong
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks||
New hacks = New region code/hack comments since your last visit.