What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
Buy a Region Free DVD Players or a Region Free Blu-ray Players Modified for Region Free Ready to go. All hardware modifications with LifeTime Guarantee for Regional coding insure you will never need to mess with remote hacks or codes again. 220-electronics.com ships World Wide.
|Samsung BD-E5900||2 user region code/hacks||June 11, 2013||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by outoftheknow2, October 22 2012:|
This unlocks exactly the same as for the Samsung BD-D5500. My Samsung BD-E5900 is Australian model with remote control AK59-00148A which has a repeat button next to the Home button.
Switch off and on and press the eject button (on the remote worked for me). Loading appears top right then "No Disk". Enter the current region code quickly and your current region number appears top right. For me 76884 and number 4 appeared. Press 9 and switch off and on. Tested with region 2 disks and working fine.
Copy of BD-D5500 instructions for ease of reference follow, note the descriptrion of button positions will be incorrect for this model of remote. I did try and unlock my BD-E5900 with my BD-D5500 remote but this didn't work for me. May have been bad timing as the Repeat button is on both remotes for me. Still on the BD-E5900 remote the eject button is under the machine power button top left and the Repeat button is to the right of the Home button and under the Pause button:
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to clean-boot the
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing
4. Press the eject button to open the tray. (The button is between the "Power"
and "TV Power" buttons at the top of the controller.)
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disk.
7. As soon as the "No Disk" message appears at the top left corner do the
8. Press the REPEAT button – just above the TV channel selector at the bottom
right of the controller.
9. Enter 76884 on the number pad.
10. The region code "4" should appear at the top left corner of the
screen.(this just flashed on then off, so keep an eye on the screen)
11. Enter a "9" to make the player region free.
12. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.
|Region code hack posted by cheerful, June 11 2013:|
I just got a unit with remote AK59-00145A. It does not have repeat button. How could I unlock the region code?
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks||
New hacks = New region code/hack comments since your last visit.