What are Blu-ray and DVD region codes, country codes, multi-region or zone locks? Read DVD Player region codes and Blu-ray region codes.
Buy a Region Free DVD Players or a Region Free Blu-ray Players Modified for Region Free Ready to go. All hardware modifications with LifeTime Guarantee for Regional coding insure you will never need to mess with remote hacks or codes again. 220-electronics.com ships World Wide.
|Samsung BD-D6500||7 user region code/hacks||March 31, 2012||Post region code/hack comment|
|Region code hack posted by globaldude, July 09 2011:|
The same hack for the BD-C5500 works on the BD-D6500 purchased here in Germany. It appears it can only be used twice though.
|Region code hack posted by nonzuga, October 15 2011:|
I was able to make my BD-D6500 region free (changed from Region 2).
I pretty much followed the instructions given here http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/samsung-bd-d5500/11406#31508
But it was not necessary to press "Eject" because it doesn't have a tray to come out. Here are the steps adapted to the BD-D6500:
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on.
3. As soon as the display on the player shows "No Disc" immediately enter REPEAT 5 7 5 3 8 with the remote. Timing is important and you might need a few tries. Code sequence depends on your current region (see below).
4. The region code "2" should appear at the top right corner of the screen (this just flashed on then off, so keep an eye on the screen)
5. Enter a "9" to make the player region free.
12. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.
Codes for other regions are:
1 – 2 9 3 3 4
2 – 5 7 5 3 8
3 – 5 6 7 3 2
4 – 7 6 8 8 4
5 – 5 3 8 1 4
6 – 2 4 4 6 2
|Region code hack posted by conway2, October 24 2011:|
I followed earlier instructions according to BD-D6500, however this did not work.
I succeeded with changing the region code with the following procedure:
1. Ensure there is no disc in tray
2. switch player off and on again
3. as soon as display on the dvd player shows: NO DISC push the REPEAT button and press 57538
wait a moment and do this procedure again, i.e. press REPEAT and enter 575387
4. the region code 2 should appear at right top corner of tv screen - (just in a flash on and then off)
5. Press 9 to make player region free
6. Power dvd player down and UP again
7. Play foreign DVD to verify the change
For other countries see appropiate region codes
|Region code hack posted by dark4est, November 06 2011:|
This does not work for Region 1 players purchased in the US. Can someone please provide more info on how to unlock Region 1 players!
|Region code hack posted by dave906, December 31 2011:|
I have successfully done the posted (nonzuga & conway2) region free hack on a Samsung BD-D6500 region 3 from Thailand. However, I had to do step 3 three times.
(i.e. Step 3. as soon as display on the dvd player shows: NO DISC push the REPEAT button and press 56732;
wait a moment and do this procedure again, i.e. press REPEAT and enter 56732;
wait a moment and do this procedure again, i.e. press REPEAT and enter 56732)
I can now play my Australian Region 4 DVDs on my region 3 player.
|Region code hack posted by emmaddy, January 06 2012:|
|Region code hack posted by Sanderious, March 31 2012:|
I noticed that ALL samsung hacks apparently do not work anymore after having installed new firmware on your BD-player...
Normally this is good behaviour, but apparently not in this case. Can anyone confirm this?
I bought a new Samsung BD-D6500 (has an AK59-00125A remote)), and tried everything.
Maybe a silly question by me, but where do the hacks come from? Does Samsung give them out? Can you find it somewhere in a hidden file?
Would love to hear some hopeful news as I have a lot of different region DVD's...
|1 DVD Hack hits, Showing 1 to 1 DVD Hacks||
New hacks = New region code/hack comments since your last visit.